(NifSkope) Is there a way to ...

pepperman35

set the collision in NifSkope to cover the inside as well as the outside of a structure. For example, I would like to use BldSentinelBunkerMain01 (BldSentinelBunkerMain01.nif) in my current mod, with an Institute textured theme applied. The nif has a collision for the outside of the structure (i.e., one can walk up and down the various external walls); however, the inside is a different story. Inside one can pass through the walls to the outside. I suppose one could use collision planes on the inside to prevent this; however, as there is a already a collision for the exterior structure I was hoping that one could somehow map the interior objects to the exterior collision. Thoughts?

So you want to make the existing collision "double sided"?

I don't think you can do that wiht NifSkope.

To edit collision you would need 3DSMAX 2013.

(At least that is how I know to do it, I am not an expert at using NifSkope besides using it to attatch textures and materials ...)

Ohhh, that pyramid-thing ...

I took a quick look at it and have some more questions:

Do you want "double sided collision" on everything or just on the inside parts that actually have a "interior texture"?

Like this:

73722383-1581830752.png

Edited by YouDoNotKnowMyName

I have fixed it so it now has a double sided texture on the inside all the way to the bottom (via the material file settings). Double-sided collision on the the lower half of the pyramid would be great. I suspect the upper half already has a Double-side collision...could be wrong.

That's not double sided collision - this .nif actually has a interior ceiling mesh. In the game, this .nif was used with walls built using Industrial kit pieces, and that's the reason why Bethesda did not include the interior walls in this .nif.

About the collision planes/boxes - you might want to know that weapon projectiles would go right through them, even though actors and grenades won't be able to pass. You can even have a firefight with collision planes placed between actors. Collision primitives also won't give you the sound of footsteps, which makes it feel unnatural to walk on them.

If I were you, I'd just build the actual walls using the kit pieces and move on. Good luck. :smile:

I have fixed it so it now has a double sided texture on the inside all the way to the bottom (via the material file settings). Double-sided collision on the the lower half of the pyramid would be great. I suspect the upper half already has a Double-side collision...could be wrong.

That's not double sided collision - this .nif actually has a interior ceiling mesh. In the game, this .nif was used with walls built using Industrial kit pieces, and that's the reason why Bethesda did not include the interior walls in this .nif.

About the collision planes/boxes - you might want to know that weapon projectiles would go right through them, even though actors and grenades won't be able to pass. You can even have a firefight with collision planes placed between actors. Collision primitives also won't give you the sound of footsteps, which makes it feel unnatural to walk on them.

If I were you, I'd just build the actual walls using the kit pieces and move on. Good luck. :smile:

Huh ....

So you can get shot through a collision plane?

That explains some of the more "stupid deaths" I had while playing .....

Weird stuff ...