I'm having migration issues

NuclearDisco
Go to solution Solved by NuclearDisco,

Now I put my staging at G:\Vortex Roaming\Vortex\Mods\fallout4 and it's calling the directory I already changed

When you start the game, are the mods IN the game?

Not sure why you buried your directory so deep.

G:\Vortex Mods and G:\Vortex Downloads would've sufficed.

They're not even installed to begin with, nor are they enabled for the current save. I had to have another downloads folder because Vortex told me to set it at an empty folder, and I migrated all my downloads to that new folder

Oh hang on, so you're saying that all you've done so far is DOWNLOADED all the mods, but haven't installed them yet?

If that's the case, then Vortex shouldn't be complaining about the Mod Staging folder needing to be empty

No I have installed them and enabled them when it previously occupied my local disk drive

Weird thing is though, staging the folder to that new directory gives me an error saying that G:\Vortex Roaming\Vortex\fallout4\mods doesn't exist, even though I modified it to

G:\Vortex Roaming\Vortex\Mods\fallout4

No I have installed them and enabled them when it previously occupied my local disk drive

Weird thing is though, staging the folder to that new directory gives me an error saying that G:\Vortex Roaming\Vortex\fallout4\mods doesn't exist, even though I modified it to

Your problem is that you moved the folders with Windows instead of using Vortex.

You're going to have to dig yourself out of that now.

Your problem is that you moved the folders with Windows instead of using Vortex.

So do I have to reinstall everyone of the archives myself?

You need to undo what you did, and do it properly.

• Solution

You need to undo what you did, and do it properly.

I made it work already, painful process, but it works now

Thank you for helping