Several different modding issues

rebelatnight

Okay, the first one is a blanket WTF. I was going through Denerim for the final battle against the Archdemon and I hit Fort Drakon and notice my entire inventory, except for random stuff I'd picked up along the way, is gone! I know I quick loaded by accident and I think that might have caused it, but I'm not sure when exactly it happened. I loaded an earlier manual save at the city gates and everything is there now, no problem, so I'm going to keep going from that save. I just want to know how that even happened??

The second is a couple of issues with Karma's Companions. I love this mod already, but I have noticed a couple of things going wrong. The last time I played this mod until now was the mid 2010's so my memory is a bit iffy, but Soris isn't spawning by the gate to the alienage where I remember him being last time. I've checked the main mod page for compatibility issues and gone through my override folder, but I still can't get him to appear.

Also, I have no clue how to recruit Gorim. I'm not sure what the conditions needed for his recruitment are, but again, I've gone through my entire override folder and removed every file I think affects his dialogue, and nothing. I'm not playing as a Dwarf Noble so that could be it for all I know.

I was also wondering why I never was able to recruit Jowan, but I looked up a couple of videos and, yeah, I didn't realise you can't send him away, you have to keep him in his cell. That one's on me at least.

The few references I can find to your missing inventory items issue suggest that it may one of the myriad memory-related problems with the game. The usual advice on that front is make certain the game is fully patched to 1.05 and to patch the EXE with either LAA (Large Address Aware) or the 4GB patch.