Is it possible to create new Entry Point Function Parameters for a perk from within FNVEdit?

HaplessScrub

I've been looking high and low for a way to add Entry Point Function Parameters from within FNVEdit. As it is in my current setup, that field is 'grayed out,' with no right-click/context-menu option to add anything.

I apologize if this question has been answered already.

Edit: To add some potentially helpful info: I'm attempting to create a new perk from scratch in FNVEdit.

Edited by HaplessScrub

FNVEdit (actually xEdit) is an "editor" of existing plugins. It is not designed to add new functionality, though it's ability to combine records from other plugins into a new plugin may give it the appearance otherwise. I'm not enough of an expert with it to say it can't be done (see the on-line documentation "Tome of xEdit"), but adding parameters of any sort is usually done in something like the GECK, which is designed for the purpose of "creation". See "Entry Point" in the GECKWiki. Note that "code entry points" (the technical name for that term) are pre-defined. That page also includes a link to the "Perk Entry" page which is more in line with what you want. You can create a "new perk" but have to use existing "entry points", unless you are coding at the level of DLLs such as the "JIP LN NVSE Extender" or "GECK Extender" and the like. You can always ask one of them if it's possible to add a new entry point for your purposes.

-Dubious-

Very much obliged, Dubious -- for this helpful post, and your many, many others that I've read. Invaluable contributor indeed.

I'll need to make time to better familiarlze myself with the GECK interface. I bumped into several counterintuitive 'features' and have been using that as a lame excuse to avoid it. No longer.

Very much obliged, Dubious -- for this helpful post, and your many, many others that I've read. Invaluable contributor indeed.

I'll need to make time to better familiarlze myself with the GECK interface. I bumped into several counterintuitive 'features' and have been using that as a lame excuse to avoid it. No longer.

Ya Perks are counter intuitive for sure . But rest assured you will learn to navigate around the counter intuitive points once you delve in :smile:

Perks , Quests ... a few other tree objects ... are multi tools. Easier to explain if you explore first. Stuff in the tree that can't become a reference .

The particular option of "Entry Point" with a perk. Is basically an engine function ... only available through the perk object. And then itself ... very versatile. Maybe akin to writing a script. But I view it as something in and of itself for functionality (the Whole Perk)

I definitely appreciate the encouragement, Mktavish, and offer a bow for your own catalog of helpful posts.

Up to this point I've kept it pretty basic with mostly 'overrides' and tweaks to settings from existing mods -- mostly done through xEdit/FNVEdit.

The amount of time and energy poured into creating and maintaining mods for the timeless classic that is "Fallout: New Vegas" is humbling and impressive, to say the very least.