Blood specular textures

TheWideMurloc

So I was thinking earlier regarding the modding quest to make ds3's blood effects look better, like bloodborne's, that If the biggest reason it's hard to replicate is the lack of specular sheen on the blood's texture, could it be possible to hack the pus of man's blood speculars to be used by the regular blood textures? I noticed recently that their blood has nice looking bloody specular shiny to it, while the blood's diffuse texture is a flat black.

Pic:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQ7-r-mUcAAAGPp?format=jpg&name=large

• 2 weeks later...

I just found a way to change the Color. I already posted it on the "Persistent Blood Splatter Removal" comment page. I just write it again here. You need to change it in the Data0.bdt file using Yapped. In the "DecalParam" there are a lot of rows related to blood. When you click on them there are somewhere 3 fields to change the Diffuse color values and 3 more for the specular too. I just changed everything that had blood in the name to the same red, because lazy me. But ingame my PC and enemies where now all covered in red.

Before, i always thought it is supposed to be mud and was wondering why changing the values for mud in the WetAspectParam (which is also possible btw) didn't do anything lol. Well, now i know better.

ya I hope this helps.

Edited by OrdinaryLunatic

I just found a way to change the Color. I already posted it on the "Persistent Blood Splatter Removal" comment page. I just write it again here. You need to change it in the Data0.bdt file using Yapped. In the "DecalParam" there are a lot of rows related to blood. When you click on them there are somewhere 3 fields to change the Diffuse color values and 3 more for the specular too. I just changed everything that had blood in the name to the same red, because lazy me. But ingame my PC and enemies where now all covered in red.

Before, i always thought it is supposed to be mud and was wondering why changing the values for mud in the WetAspectParam (which is also possible btw) didn't do anything lol. Well, now i know better.

ya I hope this helps.

every entry in DecalParam has no name, for me. Did I do something wrong?

edit: come to think of it, every entry in every param is nameless.

It's looking like this:

https://i.imgur.com/wpmUnZX.png

Nevermind found the import names button. First time using Yapped

This is quite the discovery you've made! I hope word spreads to someone who can make a convincing bloodborne blood mod. I might tinker a bit myself to see what I can do, but I doubt I'll have much success.

Edited by mauskal

• 1 month later...

GL with that, i trying this too, but where to innsert right texture and which one using pus of man, i trying replacetexture to matealize and using 21 (water), nope wav.. :D
It's not hard change color, but need more bloodshots and better texture.