Clean Shaven Private Areas For HGEC Body With And Without BBB Request

KingDevin94

I'd hate to sound like a pervert but I always prefer female bodies with clean shaven private parts and it bothers me that after all these years that the HGEC Body With BBB mod never has added a clean shaven private parts as an option even the original mod without BBB doesn't have one either and it really bothers me and what really bothers me is that every body mod in Oblivion I looked up has little or no love for clean shaven privates and I think that has to change. Now I understand that everybody has there own preference but people who are modders should make all types of mods to please all kinds of people no matter what there preference is and it just bothers me that very little body mods has a clean shaven privates option and I prefer using HGEC Body especially with BBB.

So I beg someone anyone to please do this for me.

What form of archive invalidation are you using?

- Edit - Also if you are using the Steam version of the game you will need to reset the BSA timestamps back to year 2006.

Edited by Striker879

On it's own the game will always use assets from the vanilla game BSA files (e.g. Oblivion - Textures - Compressed.bsa) unless directed otherwise by a mod's ESP. Early on modders tried doing a simple replacement and soon discovered ways to get the game to use replacement assets like textures without needing an ESP. The most recent and successful of those methods is called BSA Redirection.

BSA Redirection does require one thing however which Steam is very good at breaking. BSA Redirection requires that the replacement assets have a newer file date than the vanilla game BSAs ... and Steam is determined in changing those vanilla game BSAs to a modern date. This breaks BSA Redirection and any mods that rely on it.

What you are seeing in game is the vanilla game foot texture applied across the entire female body (except the hands). HGEC changes the female body meshes, and those new meshes direct the game to use footfemale.dds to cover the female foot, lower body and upper body meshes. Because HGEC doesn't use an ESP it relies on BSA Redirection to force the game to load the replacement footfemale.dds ... without BSA Redirection the game will use footfemale.dds from Oblivion - Textures - Compressed.bsa and you will get what you are seeing.

The fix is easy ... change the vanilla game BSAs back to year 2006 and all is good. You can use Oblivion Mod Manager (OBMM) to take care of the fixing the dates and turning on BSA Redirection. I know that other mod managers (e.g. NMM and Vortex) have a way to turn on BSA Redirection but I can't say I've ever heard of them taking care of correcting the BSA file dates.

An alternative to OBMM is to use File Date Changer to change the vanilla game BSAs to year 2006.

I know what you mean, that was my complaint against this mod as well. Still good work, but not quite what I was looking for either.

This mod is my personal favorite, I've been using it for years now: https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/42414

Also, since that mod didn't include Orc textures I made my own (a long time ago) using that base if you would like to check them out as well: https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/45497

I've also created custom Redguard and High Elf textures using that original file as a base, but haven't gotten around to uploading them anywhere. I would highly recommend giving the first one a try though, it's got a much higher resolution than the 'original' high-res textures

Yeah I've tried that but the nipples seems to blend in with the skin like the nipples matches the color of the skin and I don't know why it does that I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or what.