Did Father Really die?

StormWolf01

Ok, yeah. Here's the messages that were on the terminal.

U4qZRqfn_t.jpg

So yeah, the remote overrides had been tripped. We were Let out. Tho it doesn't say anything about where the source of the override is from. Most likely vault tec HQ. The second snip that I took was when I entered the entry for my own pod, checking to see what my own status was.

I dun't remember, do we encounter synths there, or am I thinking of somewhere else?

Yup. I was adopted before I was three. I got to know my birth father some afterwards. But for the most part, my birth mother might as well be a stranger to me. And as little as he was when they went into the freeze, it's not likely that Shaun has any memories of his parents at all.

Edited by StormWolf01

Yeah, those messages are pretty cryptic.... I would Love to know where the 'remote' location is..... The institute? The overseers terminal? Some other place outside the vault? Any number of possibilities there...

I had always interpreted it as some variety of failure, that caused the control system to revert to the manual systems..... after all, some of the other (dead) occupants look like they have been dead for a while.... Or maybe that was just my creative interpretation. :D

This is the theory that I've heard from a couple of different sources. It seems to make sense to me.

The theory is, is that when Kellogg broke into the vault, the orders he had was to kill anybody else that was still there. Aside from Shaun and Family. So they never turned the other's life support back on. That's the "isolated" override that is mentioned. because they did it there at the vault.

The theory is, that his orders were thus, so as to leave as few loose ends as possible. Which, is typical Institute fashion. Fits into Kellogg's mindset as well.

And that the reason the sole survivor was left with the life support still on, and their pod turned back on, was to have a backup, in case anything went wrong with Shaun.

The other failures there in the vault are further explained as A) They were the result of Kellogg's break-in.

B) That one reactor that fries the radroach just had a mechanical failure.

C) The Overseer broke the door to his office from the inside, so that the other employees could not unlock the vault door from his terminal and flood the vault with radiation, when they attempted to break out.

Now... there is ONE other occupant of the tubes, that may not be the case of Kellogg killing them. Vault-Tec had given orders that if there was a problem with any of the occupants, that they couldn't fix... let them die. As long as (I think) 20% (you know how I am with numbers...) of the remaining test subjects were still viable.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind knowing where they did the remote release from too. I'm gonna have to go to the Vault-Tec HQ and see if there's any synths running around there.

Edit- Just hit the HQ, no quest. Without quest... nope, no synths. Just ghouls. They also didn't know jack about V111.

dIhXGYAW_t.jpg

Edited by StormWolf01

This is the theory that I've heard from a couple of different sources. It seems to make sense to me.

The theory is, is that when Kellogg broke into the vault, the orders he had was to kill anybody else that was still there. Aside from Shaun and Family. So they never turned the other's life support back on. That's the "isolated" override that is mentioned. because they did it there at the vault.

The theory is, that his orders were thus, so as to leave as few loose ends as possible. Which, is typical Institute fashion. Fits into Kellogg's mindset as well.

And that the reason the sole survivor was left with the life support still on, and their pod turned back on, was to have a backup, in case anything went wrong with Shaun.

The other failures there in the vault are further explained as A) They were the result of Kellogg's break-in.

B) That one reactor that fries the radroach just had a mechanical failure.

C) The Overseer broke the door to his office from the inside, so that the other employees could not unlock the vault door from his terminal and flood the vault with radiation, when they attempted to break out.

Now... there is ONE other occupant of the tubes, that may not be the case of Kellogg killing them. Vault-Tec had given orders that if there was a problem with any of the occupants, that they couldn't fix... let them die. As long as (I think) 20% (you know how I am with numbers...) of the remaining test subjects were still viable.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind knowing where they did the remote release from too. I'm gonna have to go to the Vault-Tec HQ and see if there's any synths running around there.

Edit- Just hit the HQ, no quest. Without quest... nope, no synths. Just ghouls. They also didn't know jack about V111.

dIhXGYAW_t.jpg

Yea I don't get why they killed the others. Vault-Tec had no issues working with multiple test subjects and were also squandering them as they had multiple Vaults to work with. Now the Institute has 1 Vault. They pick 1 person from that Vault and only 1 back-up. Why not the rest? They aren't dangerous. And why the mother/father? I mean, they're going to wake up with a grudge! Why not pick another as a back-up? And if they could turn on Life Support selectively, why didn't they turn it off selectively?

I'm pretty sure Kellog didn't break in. They would have used the relay to get inside. None of them had a pip boy so they wouldn't have been able to open the vault door from the outside and then lock it again.

If something else happened, such as someone letting them inside I really wonder why none of their entrances was actually logged anywhere in the system. It seems to me that their arrival was after the occupants already died. Although they could have shot everyone as well. The doors were all locked and the escape tunnel as well. I think it's more likely that they used the relay and just shot everyone. The only issue I have is that there's no sense to kill the people in the pods.

Also, how does the sole survivor get out anyway? I never really understood what triggered that. Was that Fathers doing?

Edited by AeonsLegend

Aeons - Kellogg and that technician using a relay teleport makes a lot of sense to me, now that you mention it. Because I'd always wondered how they got past the vault door too. As well as why they'd bother to shut it again. There's the thing about keeping the "backup" safe, as far as reason for locking it again. Also, if Kellogg HAD gone past the vault door, wouldn't that technician have seen the pip boy laying there by the controls, and thought

"Oh! THIS would really benefit the Institute, let me grab this and take it back with us" ??

My personal theories about why they went ahead and killed everybody else is pretty far along the lines of a not-so-popular theory. I've been avoiding mentioning it, because 1) it would take us really far off topic. 2) There's already a thread about it in the Spoilers section.

But yeah. Along THIS theory, it's a damned fine waste of genetic material. Not just for the production of synths, but also for both artificial and natural insemination for increasing the Human population in the Institute.

But I can go ahead and verify that Kellogg didn't shoot them. The logs there in the terminal by the pods reads that all except for Nate and Nora, they all suffocated when the life support to those pods was shut down or "failed" due to remote termination.

Essentially, how we got out, is that somebody let us out. Per what's in those screenshots that I posted earlier. It was via a remote command, from a different location. Now tho... WHO let us out, I have not seen ANY kind of information in regards to. Other than as HY mentioned, Father seems to allude to it that he was responsible, as he wanted to perform an experiment on how we would do outside the vault.

However, again... the terminal entries from him tell a different story as to his motive there.

The storyline strongly hints that it was Father. But there are other Options there, too. But so far I haven't seen anything concrete about who it was.

• 2 weeks later...

LOL Yeah, I usually don't do a playthrough long enough to make it to the institute. But the two times that I have, he's always come down with a very sudden and lethal dose of lead poisoning :D

Terminal Kinetic Energy Poisoning. :D

Hahaha!

Hmmm. Gamma radiation poisoning. Since we don't have to worry about Gamma Radiation creating any big green angry hulks.... I guess that would kinda ruin his genetic material for future syths, if we hosed him down with a gamma gun? :D