Vortex: texture-mods do not work, all other mods work fine. Any ideas?

Japty

Maybe the Besthsda Ultra High Resolution Texture packs you have installed are overriding the texture mods you installed.

Why are you using hi-res texture mods, when you have hi-res textures already installed?

Hello,

i assumed that the load order makes the mods overwrite the pack, in my load order it is on place 6.

I try now to disable it, keeping you updated.

Thanks.

Edited by Japty

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, i uninstalled the HD pack from steam -> no change.

Furthermore, i created a seperate profile over vortex and only enabled 3 texture mods -> no change.

So you Click INSTALL, then once it's installed, the notification Pops up by the Bell Icon and you click Enable and/or Deploy? (I have my settings set to Deploy Mod when Enabled)

Unless you have that set, it's a three step process.

Install

Enable

Deploy

So, i uninstalled the HD pack from steam -> no change.

Furthermore, i created a seperate profile over vortex and only enabled 3 texture mods -> no change.

So you Click INSTALL, then once it's installed, the notification Pops up by the Bell Icon and you click Enable and/or Deploy? (I have my settings set to Deploy Mod when Enabled)

Unless you have that set, it's a three step process.

Install

Enable

Deploy

Hello,

i install a mod and then i enable it, According to my settings it says "deploy mods when enabled" (screenshot).

There is no archive invalidation for Fallout 4 (none is required).

Did you get a message when you started modding the game saying "Loose files may not get loaded"? If so, did you click the "Fix" button? If not, could you check in your the data directory for that game what the "Date modified" is for the files like "Fallout4 - Textures?.ba2"? It should be fairly old, like 2008.

Second: If the texture mod you're installing ships as a ba2 file there has to be an esp/esm/esl file to go along with it. Please make sure that plugin is installed and enabled on the Plugins screen.

Then: Please check your Fallout4.ini file in c:\users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Fallout4. In the Section [Archive] you should find the setting "bInvalidateOlderFiles=1". If not, please add it and see if that makes a difference.

Finally: how are you checking whether the texture mods are enabled? In my experience Hi-Res texture packs can be quite difficult to make out in-game. The screenshots focus on very notable changes but in practice they may not be that obvious, making them very bad for checking if mods are working. For testing purposes you may want to get a mod that has a very obvious impact in game (like a mod that turns dragons into Thomas the Tank Engine)

There is no archive invalidation for Fallout 4 (none is required).

Did you get a message when you started modding the game saying "Loose files may not get loaded"? If so, did you click the "Fix" button? If not, could you check in your the data directory for that game what the "Date modified" is for the files like "Fallout4 - Textures?.ba2"? It should be fairly old, like 2008.

Second: If the texture mod you're installing ships as a ba2 file there has to be an esp/esm/esl file to go along with it. Please make sure that plugin is installed and enabled on the Plugins screen.

Then: Please check your Fallout4.ini file in c:\users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Fallout4. In the Section [Archive] you should find the setting "bInvalidateOlderFiles=1". If not, please add it and see if that makes a difference.

Finally: how are you checking whether the texture mods are enabled? In my experience Hi-Res texture packs can be quite difficult to make out in-game. The screenshots focus on very notable changes but in practice they may not be that obvious, making them very bad for checking if mods are working. For testing purposes you may want to get a mod that has a very obvious impact in game (like a mod that turns dragons into Thomas the Tank Engine)

Hello,

1. i have not faced this message yet and did not click on any "fix" button yet. The date modified for fallout4 - textures( 1 - 8 ) .ba2 is as you said 11.2018.

2. for each ba2 there is an esp file in my data folder for all mods, also the texture mods. the plugins are enabled (check screenshots) -> it also does not matter which category the belong to.

Default, Texture Overhaul, ...

I tried to create a custom group and added them to load at last, but this also does not work :/

3. see screenshot, my fallout4ini under C:/user/mygames etc. contains this line

4. for example, i have two texture mods for landscapes. the vivid one and the savren one (savrenhdvanillalandscape). i tried each alone and both together.

i disabled the hd pack from bethesda to have easier comparison now. I think you know the default vanilla textures, ugly and blurry, unsharpened.

This is easy to compare with the HD textures ( https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/40551 )

Edited by Japty