Fallout 76 Mods Not Working

TheRealLopix

Installed Vortex, set it to manage Fallout 76. No problems there. Downloaded some mods, did the drag and drop of .zip files into the mods window, installed no problem. Enabled them, easy stuff. Deployed them and even went into settings and ticked the box to auto-deploy enabled mods (I have been reading through here before posting).

Launch the game through Vortex, takes longer than usual to load. And nothing. Game is the same as before. Just simple mods to highlight loot items, easy to see if it is working. Restarted game, no joy. Restarted laptop, nuttin.

On Windows 10, MSI laptop. Not getting any errors, nothing seems to conflict.

I am sure it is something silly and minor that I am missing, so I hope someone can just post a quick answer and call me a noob and move on.

Thanks!

Is this still necessary to do for Fallout 76, and does Vortex automatically do it?

Editing the .ini Fallout 76 file
Finally, you need to edit the .ini file to teach Fallout 76 to look for mods. Find the .ini file, which is almost always here: C:\Users\*USERNAME*\Documents\my games\Fallout76 Right click on Fallout76.ini and select Edit. Hit CTRL+F and search the file for this: “sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\” In the case of Lowered Weapons, add “, MESHES\” to the end of that line. It should now read: “sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, MESHES\” Go to file and Save As and replace the current .ini file. Keep in mind that it won’t always be “, MESHES\” that you’ll need to add. It depends on the name of the file that you add to Fallout 76’s Data folder.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...