Help! Frosty error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

GorillaSam

• 1 month later...

Delete "Mods" folder from frosty folder. Import every mod again. Run it with one or no mods installed first. If it does run with some mods but not with others then it's one mod that's responsible.

Edited by Samaleus

If anyone else finds this post, I have an even worse problem now that I know no solution to:

I reinstalled the game because I had to format my hard drive. When trying to run frosty for the first time, it happens after it says "New installation detected" ...

One ore more symbolic links could not be created, please restart tool as Administrator.
at Frosty.ModSupport.FrostyModExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass28_0.<Run>b__0()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Frosty.ModSupport.FrostyModExecutor.<Run>d__28.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at FrostyModManager.MainWindow.<launchButton_Click>d__13.MoveNext()
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

EDIT:

I found a solution! If anyone else has this problem it'll pop up somewhere in google. Just follow those steps!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAIPon2_g3E

IMPORTANT!

After changing it and running frosty normally for the first time, paste what you replaced back where it was (so put back the code you replaced with the 0 value in regedit) Otherwise you'll most likely get a black screen after restarting. If that happened to you, don't panic XD just type explorer.exe and it'll run normally. There you'll get a chance to put it back as it was. If you didn't save the code, type this:

@mode 20,5 & tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq SoundMixer.exe" 2>NUL | find /I /N "SoundMixer.exe">NUL && exit & if exist "C:\Users\samus\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoundMixer\SoundMixer.exe" ( start /MIN "" "C:\Users\samus\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoundMixer\SoundMixer.exe" & tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq explorer.exe" 2>NUL | find /I /N "explorer.exe">NUL && exit & explorer.exe & exit ) else ( tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq explorer.exe" 2>NUL | find /I /N "explorer.exe">NUL && exit & explorer.exe & exit )

replace "samus" with your local username (my pc / Users / your user name). And done, back to normal.

I hope this helps anyone having the same issue.

Edited by Samaleus

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Sorry I know this is quite an old thread, but I was just wanted to clarify something about this post.

Delete "Mods" folder from frosty folder. Import every mod again. Run it with one or no mods installed first. If it does run with some mods but not with others then it's one mod that's responsible.

When you say "Run it with one or no mods installed first." by Install do you mean Applied? Or do you mean that you literally have to install every mod one at a time and then run the game?

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...