SkyrimSE keeps crashing to desktop

Jackvidkid

So my skyrim keeps crashing with no error message not sure what is happening with it hopefully someone better than me at coding will know

Load Order:

0 0 Skyrim.esm
1 1 Update.esm
2 2 Dawnguard.esm
3 3 HearthFires.esm
4 4 Dragonborn.esm
5 5 BSAssets.esm
6 6 3DNPC.esp
7 7 LegacyoftheDragonborn.esm
8 8 DA_Skyship.esm
9 9 Falskaar.esm
10 a JSwordsD.esm
11 b Gray Fox Cowl.esm
12 c Immersive Sounds - Compendium.esp
13 d SkyUI_SE.esp
14 e MoonAndStar_MAS.esp
15 f Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
16 10 Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
17 11 Character Creation Overhaul.esp
18 12 CCO - Oblivion Carry Weights.esp
19 13 CCO - Dynamic Skill Progression.esp
20 14 JKs Skyrim.esp
21 15 Helgen Reborn.esp
22 16 OBIS SE.esp
23 17 Immersive Weapons.esp
24 18 moonpath.esp
JRMoonpathtoElsweyrPatch.esp
25 19 SimplyBiggerTreesSE.esp
26 1a cliffs.esp
27 1b Inigo.esp
254 FE 0 DBM_HelgenReborn_Patch.esp
28 1c Clockwork.esp
29 1d SofiaFollower.esp
254 FE 1 DBM_IW_Patch.esp
30 1e CCO - Permanent Birthsigns.esp
31 1f CCO - Diverse Races And Genders.esp
32 20 RaceMenu.esp
33 21 RaceMenuPlugin.esp
254 FE 2 DBM_ISC_Patch.esp
254 FE 3 DBM_OBIS_Patch.esp
34 22 DawnguardArsenal.esp
35 23 LABikiniSSE.esp
36 24 RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp
37 25 CBBE.esp
38 26 DiverseDragonsCollectionSE.esp
254 FE 4 DBM_JKSkyrim_Patch.esp
254 FE 5 JKs Skyrim_Clockwork_Patch.esp
254 FE 6 DBM_MAS_Patch.esp
39 27 ForgottenCity.esp
254 FE 7 DBM_Falskaar_Patch.esp
254 FE 8 DBM_TheGrayCowlofNocturnal_Patch.esp
254 FE 9 DBM_Clockwork_Patch.esp
254 FE a DBM_ForgottenCity_Patch.esp
254 FE b DBM_DevAvezaAirship_Patch.esp
254 FE c DBM_DGA_Patch.esp
254 FE d DBM_IA_Patch.esp
254 FE e DBM_JaysusSwords_Patch.esp
40 28 The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp
254 FE f DBM_Moonpath_Patch.esp
41 29 Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim.esp
42 2a LrsamwaysExpandedSkyrimWeaponry.esp
43 2b IcePenguinWorldMap.esp
254 FE 10 3DNPC0.esp
44 2c Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim.esp
45 2d Apocalypse - Ordinator Compatibility Patch.esp
46 2e Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

Hello, I am new to the site myself. Just as an FYI I believe you will get more help from the veterans of this site if you present your question with as much detail as possible. I believe it shows that you really have an interest in addressing your problem rather than dropping a list and saying help. As much info as possible will help them troubleshoot your problems. Just a tip to hopefully help in the future.

Not knowing any more info on the problem, I'd suggest you start with taking a look over this post https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/8399338-skyrim-se-crashing-at-random/

I see some of the same mods from that list here and they were missing some patches and such. What MM are you using? Does it always CTD at the same area in the game? Have you sorted your LO with LOOT? Have you done any conflict detection with Wyre Bash or SSEEdit?

If you are not familiar with the last three tools I mentioned for modding go to Utube and look up GamerPoets. Find his "Guide to Modding SSE", I believe it is called. In this guide he explains all the support tools needed for modding sse with install instructions and all. Outside of the guide he has all kinds of relating videos and more in depth ones on using the tools.

After verifying your patches, and if the problem persists, try turning off mods in groups of 3 to 5 for your LO. When the problem stops turn the last group back on one by one until you can identify the mod causing the CTD. If you are able to identify which one go back to the mod's nexus page and look over its description, requirements, posts, articles, and or videos for any info on anyone else having this problem or if a support mod is needed like a patch.

With the provided info that is the best I got for you. Good luck

Edited by Indiao21

I think we may be talking two different things here. Are you saying you are using a cleaned dlc's backup for CK updates and is what you are referring to as "updates" some kind of a merge patch?

to give a more detailed explanation for what is going on my game seems to crash at random usually about 30 minutes or less without an error message or anything just crashes to desktop its really annoying when i forget to quicksave or anything because i lose a s#*! ton of progress and just would like to fix it so i can not have to worry about it crashing i dont have any merged patches or anything just have vortex loot and ssedit i have wyrebash but its confusing with a tutorial i would just really like to play the game

You clean the DLC with xEdit (latest version has a quick-clean option that works like a charm) and xEdit will back-up your original esm files for you. The cleaned DLC esm need to stay in ytour load order, what else is the purpose of cleaning them? You also don't merge the DLC. They are esm (elder scrolls master) files and too many other files depend on them. When you merge the lot, the files and mods that depend on them will fail as they can no longer find the files they need.

Besides that, the game crashing to desktop is because of installed mods. Start from scratch and install a couple of mods at a time until you experience a crash and you'll know which mod causes the CTD.

But before that I'd re-enstate the original DLC esm and clean them and then LEAVE THEM ALONE. I bet the crashes will be gone.

The cleaning is just to get rid of redundant entries (ITMs, aka Identical To Master), all references that are already present in the Skyrim esm.

Well, if I understand you correctly, making a copy of the game dlcs just stops CK from updating and messing up your game. I took it as a fail safe and if that is what you have it/they belong right below the game dlcs they overwrite. Just above the USSEP.

If you looked over the topic I provided the link for earlier you will see you also have moonpath.esp which has patches for it to Beyond Skyrim Bruma. Of which I am only seeing one of the required master files for. I am just assuming the BSAssets.esm plugin is for it. If so you are missing BSHeartland and the BS_DLC_patch.esp for it. If all this is correct I see the mod Forgotten City which also has and requires a patch to Bruma.

Take the time and read the posts in the link I provided above as you both are using some similar mods. I also covered topics on LO, patch placement, and vortex there also. I am sure you will find some relating info that will help you put your mod list together. Also, read the comments there on the vortex generated plugin list. I found it not reliable and I believe the other person will confirm my findings now too.