Assistance trying to understand whats causing crashes

VileDacia

I recently got back into Fallout 4 and wanted to have a different eerie horror type feel to it along with some mods for personal enjoyment. I launched Fallout 4 and it ran fine it loaded in and allowed me to make a new game and I can play for about an hour to an hour and a half before it crashes without any warning just closes out. After that it will continue to do so every half hour or so and Ive looked through my mods and cant figure out what could be a problem. I still use Nexus Mod Manager since Vortex is something I cant get to work and with New Vegas or Skyrim if this issue happened it would crash on launch and Id just activate one by one until I found the one that crashed it but since Im able to play for a time before a crash I cant do that. I can only think of it being something thats trying to spawn is what is causing the crashes but Im not knowledgeable with modding. Any assistance is greatly appreciated

My load order is attached

Edited by VileDacia

Hi Dacia! Well, the first thing that I notice is that some of your LO is a bit of a mess.

You've got gameplay mods mixed in with weapon mods, and NPC change mods mixed in with your weapon/armor mods, and some workshop addition mods scattered around in there too.

Second thing, is to make sure that you are using this. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/42497 to make sure that you don't have problems caused by game version to mod version incompatibility. Tho this requires F4se so if you don't use that, you'll need it too. And have to make sure that f4se is running as administrator thru windows.

Third thing I notice is that you've got some that aren't enabled. I'm not saying that you're doing this, but just posting it. It's NOT recommended to disable mods in the middle of a playthrough. Doing so can cause problems with your savegames and causing them to have errors in them that can cause crashes, or failure to load the saves.

Fourth - Don't use the companion infinite ammo mod. That one can cause problems with the companion's scripts for sending them home when you are changing companions. Use this instead. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24233

Fifth: Yeah... don't use vortex.

6: Functional Displays has been known to give issues. If you try to remove that mod, make sure that you remove all items from anything that is contained within them, and scrap them before attempting to disable or remove the mod.

Hopefully, getting your Load Order cleaned up, and some of those problem mods out of there will take care of the problem you're having.

-Storm