Open Community  ·  3 members

BattleTech

Help with mods base game.

Nessex22

Hey all,

I've played through this game awhile back. Then found out all the mods that are here but I've spent hours tinkering and can't get the mods I want to work. Specifically I'm trying to get the classic battletech boardgame hardpoints to be used, add in some star league stuff, and maybe maximize tonnage.

I'm playing with the base game from steam. Using the mod manager. I just cant seem to get anything to work.

I'm an old table top player just looking to change a few things. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Nessex22

A lot of the mods are not useable now due to the new update/dlc.
Some few do work, since the game itself now has built in mod support. You don't need an external mod manager anymore.
The place you need to put the Mods you down load is ove in your Documents section of the computer. You should look for a folder called MyGames or something simular. In there you should find a folder for Battletech. Make a new Folder inside that called Mods. In THAT folder is where your downloaded unzipped mod folder will go.
When you have all that done, you need to start the game and find the tab for Mod Support. In there you can enable or disable mods you have. It will require a game restart to finalise the activation.
If all goes well, the mods you wnat shoudl now be working for you. If they are not, chances are they were not updated to the newest patch or dlc.

Hope this helped and good luck.