Photo

I am speechless.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

Maquissar

Maquissar

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts
I wasn't complaining of the fact that you don't get to play as the Fellowship.
I am complaining of the fact that either you play as the fellowhsip, and then you
do the things narrated in the books or slight variations on them, or you don't,
and then you follow a completely different storyline. I think that Tolkien would
have noticed, if characters by the names of Berethor, Hadhod, Elegost and Idrial
had fought alongside the Fellowship of the Ring. I think it's just an attempt to
exploit the popularity of The Lord of the Rings and sell a game that only uses
its name but doesn't respect its plot and its spirit.

ObsidianKnight

ObsidianKnight

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts
Well, no surprise here. EA has proven once again that they have no respect for their franchises. Tolkien must be spinning with Shadowfax's speed in his grave (that's pretty fast even if I don't know how fast he goes).

Uh, EA. I don't want to be some pansy-*** wannabe elf that just came out of Imladris for "FUN AND ADVENTURE!!" Let me be some anonymous knight of Gondor (or Rohan), and I'll have a blast having absolutely no effect on the storyline.

A "tasty morsel" for fans of LOTR indeed. Gandalf, please bat EA's cliche over the head with your walking stick.

ooh, ooh! Perhaps as a mini-game we can play as Gasiofpjzxfl, the orc that decided to join Frodo and Sam in Mordor!!!

Slaiv

Slaiv

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

I think it's just an attempt to exploit the popularity of The Lord of the Rings and sell a game that only uses its name but doesn't respect its plot and its spirit.

Of course they are! Theyre EA! What'd you expect?

Page loaded in: 0.865 seconds