I am speechless.

Maquissar

I wasn't complaining of the fact that you don't get to play as the Fellowship.

I am complaining of the fact that either you play as the fellowhsip, and then you

do the things narrated in the books or slight variations on them, or you don't,

and then you follow a completely different storyline. I think that Tolkien would

have noticed, if characters by the names of Berethor, Hadhod, Elegost and Idrial

had fought alongside the Fellowship of the Ring. I think it's just an attempt to

exploit the popularity of The Lord of the Rings and sell a game that only uses

its name but doesn't respect its plot and its spirit.

Well, no surprise here. EA has proven once again that they have no respect for their franchises. Tolkien must be spinning with Shadowfax's speed in his grave (that's pretty fast even if I don't know how fast he goes).

Uh, EA. I don't want to be some pansy-*** wannabe elf that just came out of Imladris for "FUN AND ADVENTURE!!" Let me be some anonymous knight of Gondor (or Rohan), and I'll have a blast having absolutely no effect on the storyline.

A "tasty morsel" for fans of LOTR indeed. Gandalf, please bat EA's cliche over the head with your walking stick.

ooh, ooh! Perhaps as a mini-game we can play as Gasiofpjzxfl, the orc that decided to join Frodo and Sam in Mordor!!!

I think it's just an attempt to exploit the popularity of The Lord of the Rings and sell a game that only uses its name but doesn't respect its plot and its spirit.

Of course they are! Theyre EA! What'd you expect?

Archived