How to Add a Game to Vortex?

ChunLlXiang

I am unable to add "NieR:Automata" to my Vortex games list. I clicked the message below to add a game to the list, but I'm running into problems, like finding the gog application I.D which doesn't exist at the website I visited. I searched through all 263 of the games there and it seems to be outdated.

Is there an easy way to ADD a game to Vortex?

• 8 months later...

May someone explain how to add a game that doesn't show in vortex mod manager, but has Nexus mods.

For example I have Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 and there are Nexus mods for it, but doesn't show in vortex mod manager.

Because Vortex doesn't support that game as of yet.

You can request that it be supported by Vortex.

​You can request that it be supported by Vortex.

​You can request that it be supported by Vortex.

• 2 years later...

Is there really no way to add a custom game and set where you want mods to be installed/deployed?

I know it's the same thing as manually doing it, but it would save having to go all the way to the folder every time to install a mod

This way I can just download the file to the mod folder and have Vortex deploy it to the installation folder, this really isnt possible??

Edited by RudyTheNinja

If you know a bit of javascript or are willing to learn, you can write an extension for Vortex to add support to the game, the documentation for that is here: https://nexus-mods.github.io/vortex-api/2020/09/04/Introduction.html

Otherwise you may be able to use this extension: https://www.nexusmods.com/site/mods/155 to do it without coding but that only really works if the game is simple to mod.