Low FPS with my new RX 5700 XT

Amki45

Here some news (not even good ones):
- First, I tested your settings without using chill feature and didn't notice any differences.

- I tested with chill (set to 59-61) and I also didn't notice any differences BUT with ENB VSync and Frames lock disabled, at first, I didn't see any difference. Then I saw 700 fps on loading and sometimes more than 60fps in interiors (when my graphic card work correctly --> Getting at least, 60 fps). So I think that the feature don't work at all or something is preventing it to work (version 20.4.2). Also, didn't notice any green/black screen with the feature enabled so it's that's also why I think the feature doesn't work at all, because it could be a proof of his presence.

I searched for similar problems on Internet but found none, as well as no information about the functionality being disabled in the latest updates.

Also, as I played, I noticed a new detail. It seems that the sudden drop in fps is not necessarily happening after a loading because sometimes even walking around in an open area it happens.
And when I quickload to do the exact same thing (hopping that this time fps don't drop), sometimes the problem arises earlier, other times later and other times not at all.

So at the moment I didn't make any progress from the start in resolving my issue, just been collecting informations on it desperately : /

• 4 months later...

Here some news (not even good ones):

- First, I tested your settings without using chill feature and didn't notice any differences.

- I tested with chill (set to 59-61) and I also didn't notice any differences BUT with ENB VSync and Frames lock disabled, at first, I didn't see any difference. Then I saw 700 fps on loading and sometimes more than 60fps in interiors (when my graphic card work correctly --> Getting at least, 60 fps). So I think that the feature don't work at all or something is preventing it to work (version 20.4.2). Also, didn't notice any green/black screen with the feature enabled so it's that's also why I think the feature doesn't work at all, because it could be a proof of his presence.

I searched for similar problems on Internet but found none, as well as no information about the functionality being disabled in the latest updates.

Also, as I played, I noticed a new detail. It seems that the sudden drop in fps is not necessarily happening after a loading because sometimes even walking around in an open area it happens.

And when I quickload to do the exact same thing (hopping that this time fps don't drop), sometimes the problem arises earlier, other times later and other times not at all.

So at the moment I didn't make any progress from the start in resolving my issue, just been collecting informations on it desperately : /

Old but since nothing has changed, i still get the lock at 60 with more if i don't, still using the same settings BUT regardless i still get drops like in riverwood but that is a skyrim thing not driver issue, if you followed my info should be good, i have the same card and going strong. there is also a fix for the frames link below if you are still having problems try that, but hope you managed to get it fixed already.

https://nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/10547