Possible to set crime gold/trigger the guards to chase you through dialogue?

rockbiter68

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to see if there's a way in which I can have an NPC call the guards on you through specific dialogue choices using the "mini scripting" window in the CS, and I can't seem to make it work.

I've tried ModCrimeGold x, which I now realize is for Oblivion; and I've tried SetPCCrimeLevel x, which didn't seem to do anything, either.

Any help here? Is this possible?

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to see if there's a way in which I can have an NPC call the guards on you through specific dialogue choices using the "mini scripting" window in the CS, and I can't seem to make it work.

I've tried ModCrimeGold x, which I now realize is for Oblivion; and I've tried SetPCCrimeLevel x, which didn't seem to do anything, either.

SetPCCrimeLevel X

with X >= 10000 should work

Hi everyone,

SetPCCrimeLevel X

with X >= 10000 should work

Okay, thank you. I guess I am a bit confused, though: X has to be greater than or equal to 10000? What if I just wanted to set the bounty or 200? Or am I misreading something?

Oh, sorry, I was thinking that you wanted the guards to chase player regardless of other things, IIRC use a lower than 5000 value if you don't want a death sentence but how much guards follow may vary I think they will not always chase player without a death sentence, depending on alarm of NPCs around they may only greet if player is near enough

[EDIT] I think that's the relevant info in MSFD
Get/Mod/SetAlarm
Changing this changes it for ALL references of the Actor (see note).
Some info from the helpfile: When a crime is committed, and it is detected by an NPC, they
will shout something at the player, this also notifies other NPCs in the area.
When the NPCs hear this, they adjust their settings based on their alarm setting. The higher
the alarm setting, the angrier they will get.
If an NPC has an alarm of 100, he will put gold on the PC’s head if they hear of a crime.
If the NPC with alarm 100 is also of class “Guard”, they will have extra behavior:
Intercept the PC, by running up and arresting the PC.
If the PC’s CrimeLevel is over 10000, they will attack on sight, instead of initiating dialogue.
Guards will also attack any creatures they can see that are attacking people (including the
PC). If the player has followers (companions or other NPCs in AIFollow mode), the presence
of a guard-class NPC in the party may also cause the non-guard followers to attack hostile
creatures before blows have been exchanged (normally a non-guard follower would do
nothing until a hit has occurred). -(Forum info/Neko)

in theory guards should chase player even for less-than-murder-level crime

Edited by abot