Any tips on Nexus Multi HD for SSD and HDD optimization?

domestictiger

The question I have is what mods can I reasonably move to my HDD via NMM Multi HD without taking too much of a hit on the gun play, environments and NPC behaviors in this really complex (and stable) build I've made here in FO4?

I'm running a pretty decent rig. MSI RTX 2070 Super, AMD RYZEN 7 3700X 8 Core, 2 Viper Elite 8 GB DDR4 VRAM slots with a western Digital SATA 256 GB SATA SSD and Seagate 2TB SATA HDD. I went a little ham with my first modded playthrough of F04 and the 260mods I've integrated with their 340 plugins took about a week of working almost around the clock to get batched and working properly. However I've noticed that I'm really not load testing my GPU, VRAM or CPU relative to what it can do and I've wanted to really start playing with crispier ENBs and overclocking the performance on the minute to minute gameplay and the bottleneck now seems to be my C drive which is the filled to almost capacity WDC 256 SSD where I have all my mods and main game installed.

I want to reallocate the memory not only on the VRAM but the C: drive for caching shaders so I can go back to NAC+PRC instead of VIVID weather + Subtle ENB. Particles Enhanced, Spitfire and the various graphical overhauls I have really make this a beautiful game but NAC+PRC was another level. Plus, I've had to frame cap at 60 in order to get this thing stable and I don't like that.

Getting things like Lucid, Valius, Langley, NMM Bundles, BOREALIS (Landscapre +BNS + Truegrass), VIVID (weather and waters), SimSet (with about 40 add ons) + Conqueror (8 factions), UNPC (creatures, raiders, gunners, settlers, supermutants overhauls Esps), TMAH, Heather Casidan, Diamond City Expansion, The 1,000 Workshop mods required for simsett prebuilds and AAF to work together was a challenge, but so fun and worth it.

So getting the obvious out of the way, I know I can't move my ESMs and ESLs to the HDD and I wouldn't want to move my Texture packs, Character packs, Weapons or some AAF related files that you use on the fly like the Tactical Extensions to the HDD but are there other mods that would be suitable for moving to the Virtual Install that won't cause me performance issues when I'm exploring and conquering? I still want to add a few quality of life mods like faster terminals and what not. I've attached my latest load order (yes there are NSFW AAF mods too, but it's too funny not to start some settler orgies now and then). Also, the settlement build is done, so any hard in moving all those ROTC city plans? Or Eli's prebuilt settlements (those are pretty big) :laugh: :devil:

Any advice is appreciated... Until then, much respect to all the modders out there that have made this game into something really friggin amazing. :pirate:

How about picking up another SSD? They have gotten dirt cheap lately. Even the M2 drives (if you have that capability) have gotten cheap.

Picked up a Samsung 970 EVO Plus for less than $100... Motherboard is actually already optimized for 2 M.2 drives. Moved the game, CK and F4SE to the drive and had to kick in overclocking to get NAC + PRC Immersive to function. Still had to get rid of Conquerors... too many mods interacting with precombines and I'm not sure if I can even populate the cells in CK with randomized settlements to fix the previs. Oh Well. Next play through maybe.