Vats Only Targeting Head and Torso

Seikyr

Really weird, specific bug I ran into. When I target raiders with guns in VATS, I can only target their heads or torsos, no matter how visible they are or how close I am. Legs and arms always have a 0% chance to hit. (I can hit those limbs just fine outside of VATS). I can target other types of humanoids, bugs, ferals, etc. normally. I can actually target raiders in power armor normally. I've changed cells by fast traveling from Lexington to Abernathy farm, and the raiders north of that area have the same issue, while I can target other races/factions just fine.

I have a big collection of mods, including most recently Crime and Punishment. I noticed the problem when I resurrected (with the console command) a raider in the Corvega plant, then got them to surrender. Though honestly, it may have been happening before that. I load prior saves, all the way back to walking into Concord, and I have the same issue. I disable CAP, reload, experience the same issue.

I suspect (read: wildass guess) that the scripting in my mod collection has hosed something related to the raider faction. I'm going to keep digging into this to see if new spawns have the same issue or not, or if there's another faction of enemies that I might experience the same problem with.

Has anyone run into this before? Are there any commands that might reenable the visibility of arms and legs in VATS? Just really strange. Thanks for any insight!

Heya :)

I'm sorry but you're going to need to provide more info. This doesn't give us anything to work with, as far as what might be causing this problem for you.

Your load order will be needed.

If you're running f4se a list of the mods in there would be helpful also.

And it may not be a mod that's currently loaded causing the problem, have you uninstalled or set any mods inactive since you noticed this?

Tho yeah. Without any other info to go on I'd mostly guess that it's a clothing/body/armor mod that is at fault, or a combat mod. But can't say for sure.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

OK. This is something to do with BodySlide. Vanilla CBBE outfits works fine, but custom made shows 0%. But if there are armor piece on arm or leg - then % hit chance works like its suppose to. Have no other explanation. Or I'm just stupid
UPD. ran fully unmodded game only with cbbe-bodyslide AND with generated outfits - 0% hit chances in VATS (Well, there are, but only if armor equipped) or if its on my end, would really appreciate some advise

Edited by URM1979

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

i have the exact same issue, but with only the super mutants. Looking for a solution before scraping my tower of mods and reinstalling the game.

Did you even find a solution?

E: Actually I just figured it out. It was a supermutant freeze fix esp left over after getting rid of AAF.

Edited by BrainNibbler