Need help fast please...

Kitikithakis

Great, this is where CR in xedit comes in. You can do some searches here on nexus and google on the "Black Face Bug" and find the answers. Like I mentioned I do not have those mods but do know the basic cause of them is in LO arrangement most times, which xedit will show. When I came across it I stored the overall of the info on what the cause was for when I did get back to installing more mods.

Conflict Resolution still has to be performed on the LO to fix all bad conflicts not wanted in game. These conflicts will not be known until you get there in game. So if it causes a CTD going through a door it will not be known until in game unless CR is performed following "The Method" outlined in the Tome guide. First just start with reading all the tome guide but the scripting sections before beginning CR on the LO. This will give you the know how to use The Method to create personal patches and groups to resolve conflicts or accept them. Even look over the FAQs and such as good info there too.

If another veteran modder finds your topic here they may know what mods needing switching or whatever to fix it, but until then I'd start with reading the tome and learning to do CR. Here is the link to the tome guide https://tes5edit.github.io/docs/index.html

Edited by Indiao21

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I've tried a lot of things and nothing seems to work. I did notice however that the only npcs that seem to have black faces are vanilla females in Whiterun (thats the only city I can get to so far.) Carlotta, Danica, Bergritte, et al. None of the men or kids are affected. I may clear all of my mods from MO2 and only return the ones that don't effect npcs for now. I'm getting frustrated now. It's the PTSD.

ok, I spent the morning screwing around and found several mods that were bolos. 3 populated city series and 1 GMO apachii hair was wrong so far so I disabled them and things seem to be fine so now I have to adjust their load and I should be good.

After further review it turns out I had overlapping mods. Populated Skyrim reborn and populated cities were apparently butting heads.....LOL (get it? Black head....butting heads....nvm). I removed PSR and all was well....at least in Winterhold.

Edited by Kitikithakis

To everyone that gave me help here I want to thank you greatly. I have everything together and all of the glitches are now gone. I went into god mode and checked all of the areas of concern and it all checks out. I've been playing it for the last 4 hours and I can't believe how seemlessly it runs. I can't wait to give this to my son when he gets here tuesday. (That is if the Army will let him travel with all this Corona virus crap). Fingers crossed.

Anyway I could never have gotten this done without all of your help and I'm eternally grateful. I hope I can pass on what I've learned some time like you guys have. I really can't express to you how glad I am about this. Thanks.

I'll let you know how things go when he checks it out.