Building Interiors: Weird Invisible Mesh Bug. Help!

So I'm working on an interior for a dungeon. The section I'm working on is being based off a vanilla dungeon (Avanchnzel). I duplicated said dungeon, then added a couple of areas and removed a couple of areas (everything stayed within the footprint of the original dungeon). When I get in game the dungeon's meshes seem to become sort of sectioned off. Basically any meshes that sit beyond some arbitrary line will blink out of existence and become invisible, then if I cross the line everything that was visible is gone and I can see the stuff that was over the line. The part I added (which was a small room) was the worst, having like eight different sections, one of each mesh that made up the room.

Does anybody know why this is happening and how I can fix it?

First of all never use a 'Duplicate' cell to build your own, each cell has tons of references that can affect the game if it's duplicated and they are not remove.

Your issue is related to "OPTIMIZATION", the cell that was duplicated had been 'Finalized' and 'Optimaze', so anything placed outside the 'Optimization Borders' will not be RENDER, and if you pass the 'Optimization Border' everything behinde it will stop been render.

Edited by maxarturo

Maxarturo is entirely correct.

If you want to modify Avanchnzl, to add a room, you can edit the vanilla cell but you'll have to be very careful how you go about it. My preference would be for a new cell with your room.

If I were you, I'd find one of those places with large hall endcaps and pipes that the player can't normally access. Disable the vanilla endcap and any pipes that would get in the way... don't delete anything. Disable. Add a new endcap with an exit at the right height and add a load door into it leading to a new cell with your room. Position it so that it's in exactly the same place as the vanilla end cap.

This way the endcap and door will be within one of the vanilla room markers, so you'll have no issues with anything not rendering, nor will you have to alter any portals or rooms. You don't even need to finalize the vanilla navmesh or alter it in any way. Followers will fast travel into the new cell and as long as you position the load door header on the vanilla navmesh, they'll fast travel back without needing to finalize it.

This way you get your room with almost no edits to Avanchnzl itself. Before testing check in SSEedit that Avanchnzl only has the edits you intended and remove any wild edits.

Test your new room and also test any vanilla quests associated with Avanchnzl, just to make sure your edits have not interfered with the vanilla stuff.

It is optimization. To be specific: Go to your cell in the CK, press M (show Markers) on your keyboard, then click VIEW in the Menu. Choose Show/Hide Window which will bring down a list of options. Tick the option Portals and Rooms, close window. Now you will see all the room makers (transparent colored blocks encasing the dungeon). Anything outside of those blocks will not render in-game correctly. You can resize these, but take care what you do here. Especially in a vanilla cell.

Nice description Nexbeth.

I was suggesting what I did because doing it that way guarrantees that the room bounds and portals don't need to be touched. Replacing a dead end with a dead end plus an exit means that the new piece sits exactly where the vanilla one is and it will be within the original room bounds.

If the OP uses a new cell for their room, then virtually nothing has changed in the vanilla cell.... just a couple of statics disabled and an extra load door.

OP, do you have a preference for any of the Avanchnzel cells or does it not natter? I'll happily take a look at a cell and see where I think is best for your changes.