Morskom Estate

• Please log in to reply
431 replies to this topic

aufisch

aufisch

Sweet Dreams

• Premium Member
  • 635 posts
This is a fantastic house in a city, that has way too few player-houses avaiable. I usually prefer tiny/small places, but since this has its own story, and is buildable/customizable, I really enjoy this. Thanks for your work on this mod, I can't belive I missed this mod on LE.

I haven't noticed anything detrimental when using this with JK's and I had no CTD in the basement with Legacy v5+ installed, and the quest (I used the burning option) played through without a hitch. The only few hicups I had were purely cosmetic:
- the table cloth-doesn't wan't to change color at all (the rugs work though, and the table settings works too)
- the banners got stuck. The first banner changed all the way through to dawnguard (what I wanted), but then all others got stuck at the imperial banner. Reloading from before I furnished the house and changed the first banner didn't improve anything, but now even the first one got stuck at imperial. So that might be something on my side and related to my load order. Just ignore this if nobody else reports this.
- the right-hand backwall of the stable doesn't fix itself (might be by design I don't know)

- it is about 24 hours now, but no guard has arrived (I dropped the recruitment order in the mail-box and got a message that the guards will arrive soon)
- The most important one though is the fact, that when travelling by boat, the map marker for the horse seems to be underneath the boat, and my horse is constantly in danger of drowning.

Edited by aufisch, 08 March 2020 - 09:01 PM.

DarkFox127

DarkFox127

Mod & Tutorial Creator

• Premium Member
  • 2,059 posts
In response to post #78193358.

Spoiler

Thanks for the info, I'll take a look into some of those when I come to update the mod.

Glad you're enjoying it. :)

DarkFox127

DarkFox127

Mod & Tutorial Creator

• Premium Member
  • 2,059 posts
In response to post #78176973. #78177268, #78177308, #78177423, #78179828, #78185043, #78189303, #78192043 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

Without any way of testing or clue on what the issue is, there's not much I can do right now.

jaderiver

jaderiver

Resident poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,716 posts
Hello Darkfox..
Great to see this mod here, and have been reading the new faq , and postings, ...
Have a couple of questions , thx
1 In the home, concerning kids, if your someone who doesn't do adoption thing any more, can the space be used for followers instead, or just not build the kids room at all ?
2 Reading Stoaty6666's post thread, i use win 7 myself, and havent had issues with mods doing stuff in the background like, which I find reading about very strange, I wont upgrade to any window 8-10, purely because, I just dont like them, but if the mod is likely to cause ctd's , means i may not be able to use the after all ??
I used you older ver of this and never had any issues or things like this with it, so should be fine tho , going to try it out regardless
( in the video, I swear I saw coffin in the darkness, my girl currently being a vamp, which is another reason, I really want to try this out just for a look see, ) ;p

Edited by jaderiver, 09 March 2020 - 01:45 AM.

svanros

svanros

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 151 posts
When I saw this I couldn't believe my eyes! It's like the return of an old, dear friend--but also the restoration of a masterpiece that deserves to be seen and appreciated. I'm having the best possible nostalgia at the moment. I learned to mod from your tutorials and have so enjoyed playing your and Elianora's mods and sharing them with friends.

Absolutely, positively amazing that you pulled off a remake of Morskom after all this time. Thank you for all the time and creative energy you've devoted to the modding community... This is a very generous gift. I hope despite the challenge and frustration of bringing Morskom back to life, it was also rewarding for you. Having it in our games again will be magnificently rewarding for us.

Here's to the longevity of the Skyrim modding community and all your wonderful contributions over the years!

Yanjding

Yanjding

Journeyman

• Premium Member
  • 44 posts
Hi DarkFox,
just a little suggestion. Can you make the food and diningwares on the table static? The physic engine of skyrim is really strange.

Kyttynjirr

Kyttynjirr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
For anyone wondering, Expanded Towns and Cities (SSE) 0.4.4 is incompatible with this version of Morskom (not to be confused with Expanded Towns and Cities 14.3.1, for which the compatibility patch was provided). If you plan on using Morskom with ETAC SSE 0.4.4, you will not be able to access Morskom from the front, and there will be an entire patch of snow out of place on one side of Morskom. I'm not a modder, and though I'm trying to figure out how to create a compatibility patch... well, let's just say it's not going well. ("Dang it Jim, I'm an analyst, not a modder!" is what comes to mind.) So for those of us using ETAC SSE 0.4.4, we will have to hope someone (with more skill and ability than I, clearly) is able and willing to come up with a compatibility patch. (I realize it isn't DarkFox127's job to make sure that Morskom is compatible with everything out there, this is really just an FYI post.)

Edited by Kyttynjirr, 08 March 2020 - 11:57 PM.

tdhanks76

tdhanks76

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
This looks great. Does it have displays for unique items? How many armor sets/weapon sets can be displayed? Look forward to checking this out.

ShanyShay96

ShanyShay96

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
How do you get the hatch in the basement unstuck?

wolfhunter874

wolfhunter874

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 637 posts
DarkFox,
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for resurrecting Morskom. I used it thru LE and am really happy it's back. Dawnstar is really neglected when it comes to house mods, and ME would be great wherever it's at.
Also, if anyone asks, it IS compatible with Arthmoor's Cutting Room Floor (which adds houses for the miners) and SoldierofWar's Great City of Dawnstar (which adds a lot structurally to the city).

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.125 seconds