Monster Hunter: World - Major Update and Interview with Stracker

BigBizkit

I got err18 with or without mod, I remove cleanly all mod and any plugin shader etc (I got plenty of backup file) and still get err18 when I capture monster, I havent tried killing them yet

I heard ppl get the same error with mod, they said removing mods fix it but doesn't work for me and some other that also don't have any mod, I think it is just unstable new update as usual. Ima try updating or reinstall driver and hope for the best

MHW Modding is a very strange situation. For those that don't know, Capcom has recently taken a pretty harsh stance against things and that's why Stracker's Loader is necessary and he needs to find new workarounds each update.

The crazy thing is that near the beginning Capcom seemed pretty open to them and its Steam forum even has a Workshop subforum right now as a leftover from that era.

MHW is infamously bogged down by its unnecessary (since it's ineffective) anti-cheat scans which increase CPU load, and it was recommended to not buy Iceborne until they disabled it because it was so ridiculous at how badly it made the game run. Thankfully they did disable the part of it that made the game unplayable, but it still persists. There was a .dll called Special K that would limit these intrusive scans and allow people that did not have a beefy enough computer to handle the game alongside its absurd anti-tamper scanning to actually play the game by its real game-only requirements, but the guy recently gave up after Capcom has done so many changes to prevent it from working.

Why are things this bad? It's theorized it's an overreaction by Capcom who were really, really stupid with Iceborne and decided to force everyone to download the files wholesale and then rely on a switch somewhere to activate it after you buy it. It turns out flipping that switch without buying the DLC is very simple, and as a result they've gone scorched earth and are breaking mods completely unrelated to it while the "crack" as it were continues to be completely unaffected.

tl;dr: Capcom is not friendly to MHW modding due to gross negligence on its own part

Edited by nachogod

In response to post #78634663.

nachogod wrote: MHW Modding is a very strange situation. For those that don't know, Capcom has recently taken a pretty harsh stance against things and that's why Stracker's Loader is necessary and he needs to find new workarounds each update.
The crazy thing is that near the beginning Capcom seemed pretty open to them and its Steam forum even has a Workshop subforum right now as a leftover from that era.
MHW is infamously bogged down by its unnecessary (since it's ineffective) anti-cheat scans which increase CPU load, and it was recommended to not buy Iceborne until they disabled it because it was so ridiculous at how badly it made the game run. Thankfully they did disable the part of it that made the game unplayable, but it still persists. There was a .dll called Special K that would limit these intrusive scans and allow people that did not have a beefy enough computer to handle the game alongside its absurd anti-tamper scanning to actually play the game by its real game-only requirements, but the guy recently gave up after Capcom has done so many changes to prevent it from working.
Why are things this bad? It's theorized it's an overreaction by Capcom who were really, really stupid with Iceborne and decided to force everyone to download the files wholesale and then rely on a switch somewhere to activate it after you buy it. It turns out flipping that switch without buying the DLC is very simple, and as a result they've gone scorched earth and are breaking mods completely unrelated to it while the "crack" as it were continues to be completely unaffected.

tl;dr: Capcom is not friendly to MHW modding due to gross negligence on its own part

Is that "switch" still available for steam version? My friend loves the MH:W but can't afford iceborne with this whole COVID-19 and would love to play it

In response to post #78634663. #78833348, #78835328 are all replies on the same post.

nachogod wrote: MHW Modding is a very strange situation. For those that don't know, Capcom has recently taken a pretty harsh stance against things and that's why Stracker's Loader is necessary and he needs to find new workarounds each update.

AshtonSparx wrote: Is that "switch" still available for steam version? My friend loves the MH:W but can't afford iceborne with this whole COVID-19 and would love to play it
mgianh wrote: -

thats kind of why i stopped playing after when there ruining the modding community. before iceborn came out everything this was fine and now i just dont care for it anymore. its a shame really.