Kurpulio

I tell you what, the abject hatred I have experienced from the modding community has really made this a curse...

At least at this point I have something to work with, rather than killing myself mentally by trying to grasp the whole project in my mind in one setting im going to take a methodical approach and keep notes on every step im taking, what steps are complete and what needs to be done to complete a current step.

In the end I have decided to take both branches. Open MW in one folder, MWSE and MGE XE in another. Ill develop both paths with the same intention for both until they split, at which point ill end up deciding which one is better based on what mods are available. That being said im sick of the inherent hatred of modders refusing to do anything uniform. We have this split here because two different groups want to do their own thing in the same space. 'but its a difference of taste' jesus... if the sun doesnt rise in the east and set in the west for all developments then all shadows point in different directions and the whole production is f*#@ed... things have to be uniform or that dont work, its that simple... Never mind modder choices of 'art style' what if we just adhere to the original? Nevermind...

I know every time I ask this of anyone I keep getting the same livid hatred, but can someone give me a hand? Im sure someone out there has a lot of experience with a lot of different mods, can someone lend me those years so I dont have to destroy my desire to play by digging through mountains of garbage looking for gems?

I like grounded realism and staying as close to the lore of the world as possible. I also want to add expansions that make the game feel more alive and changing, while still, adhering to the original intent of the game.

I figure foundationally Tamriel Rebuilt and Morrowind Rebirth are a good way to refresh the landscape. But at that point everything is a modded clusterf*#@ so nothing can be added without it expressly being listed as compatible... So thats basically the starting point of my thought process.

• 4 months later...