How do You classify the different synth models?

StormWolf01

Sorry, but the story is so full of holes. Organics regenerate tissue and age. According to the Institute the following is true:

1. Gen3 doesn't need to sleep.

2. Gen3 doesn't need to eat.

3. Gen3 doesn't age.

With the above, Gen3 is not classified as organic species.

"The Gen 3 synths are the perfect workforce because they don’t need to eat or sleep, they are as capable as regular laborers (if not more), they don't catch diseases (great for cramped quarters), and the Institute can produce them as needed almost instantly. "

The story is basically lame, and Gen3 wouldn't even be considered organic species since it doesn't need to eat or sleep which the question must be asked: " How does it regenerate tissue?" They also can't reproduce organically for the simple reason of not being able to regenerate tissue organically.

â

Sorry, but the story is so full of holes. Organics regenerate tissue and age. According to the Institute the following is true:

3. Gen3 doesn't age.

"The Gen 3 synths are the perfect workforce because they don’t need to eat or sleep, they are as capable as regular laborers (if not more), they don't catch diseases (great for cramped quarters), and the Institute can produce them as needed almost instantly. "

The story is basically lame, and Gen3 wouldn't even be considered organic species since it doesn't need to eat or sleep which the question must be asked: " How does it regenerate tissue?" They also can't reproduce organically for the simple reason of not being able to regenerate tissue organically.

âWait what. Don't need to eat? I can't remember ever hearding/reading that, where do you have this from?

If real, I personally would disregard that. Maybe handwave it like: yeah the guy who said it was full of s***, or actually meant Gen2.
Obviously they would have to eat. The alternative would be some sort of an integrated nuclear reactor, which people definitely would notice.

I'd even go so far and say that Gen1 and Gen2 CAN eat at least. They have something which looks like a gut. Maybe: in a pinch, they can utilize organic matter for power, but it's extremely inefficient. Though on the up side, they can't get sick or get cancer from radioactive dog food.

I don't see much issue in 1 and 3. Definitely not in 1. It seems to be a limitation of real, organic brains, but I think it's not too much of a stretch to say: yeah the institute figured that out. Lol, maybe synths do half-brain sleep, like dolphins.

For aging, I mostly understood it like, they don't age like humans. Again, a reasonable assumtion imo to say that the Institute at least tried to make synth cells technically immortal. Like, prevent their telomeres from shortening and add every kind of tumor prevention which they could think of.
But in general, I find it believable that a synth would never get gray hair or wrinkles. However, other issues might occur. Like, arthritis, and any other mechanical deterioration which the selfrepair might be insufficient to fix. Maybe hair loss, too, if destroyed follicles cannot be regenerated.

As for not reproducing, I'd say, the Institute probably could make it work, but didn't on purpose. However, such children would be 100% human.
The questions are, can a female synth body even do the necessary changes for a full pregnancy without breaking (synths can't put on weight if they eat too much sweets either), and, are the genetic tweaks to human tissue which synths a built from safe to be put into a human embryo?

My question becomes, what differentiates Gen 3's from Humans? Aside from their origins.... Gen 3's are programmed with memories/personalities, can the same be done to humans??? So far, I haven't seen that capability....

Curie is supposedly a 3rd gen synth,but she is actually Human race in the CK.

â

3. Gen3 doesn't age.

âWait what. Don't need to eat? I can't remember ever hearding/reading that, where do you have this from?

If real, I personally would disregard that. Maybe handwave it like: yeah the guy who said it was full of s***, or actually meant Gen2.

Obviously they would have to eat. The alternative would be some sort of an integrated nuclear reactor, which people definitely would notice.

I'd even go so far and say that Gen1 and Gen2 CAN eat at least. They have something which looks like a gut. Maybe: in a pinch, they can utilize organic matter for power, but it's extremely inefficient. Though on the up side, they can't get sick or get cancer from radioactive dog food.

I don't see much issue in 1 and 3. Definitely not in 1. It seems to be a limitation of real, organic brains, but I think it's not too much of a stretch to say: yeah the institute figured that out. Lol, maybe synths do half-brain sleep, like dolphins.

For aging, I mostly understood it like, they don't age like humans. Again, a reasonable assumtion imo to say that the Institute at least tried to make synth cells technically immortal. Like, prevent their telomeres from shortening and add every kind of tumor prevention which they could think of.

But in general, I find it believable that a synth would never get gray hair or wrinkles. However, other issues might occur. Like, arthritis, and any other mechanical deterioration which the selfrepair might be insufficient to fix. Maybe hair loss, too, if destroyed follicles cannot be regenerated.

As for not reproducing, I'd say, the Institute probably could make it work, but didn't on purpose. However, such children would be 100% human.

The questions are, can a female synth body even do the necessary changes for a full pregnancy without breaking (synths can't put on weight if they eat too much sweets either), and, are the genetic tweaks to human tissue which synths a built from safe to be put into a human embryo?

They don't use the toilet either. Maybe they extract the energy they need from the O2/N2/CO2 in the air, or absorb heat from their surroundings, like a refrigerator in reverse. Or both.

They don't use the toilet either. Maybe they extract the energy they need from the O2/N2/CO2 in the air, or absorb heat from their surroundings, like a refrigerator in reverse. Or both.

That would be literally a perpetuum mobile.

If Bethesda really said they don't need to eat or crap, I'd just consider it a classical error/inconsistency.

Also, that would make synth detection really trivial: lock someone in for a few days, you'll tell if they are a synth by smell.

That would be literally a perpetuum mobile.

If Bethesda really said they don't need to eat or crap, I'd just consider it a classical error/inconsistency.

Also, that would make synth detection really trivial: lock someone in for a few days, you'll tell if they are a synth by smell.

Then the question becomes: Is it they don't NEED to, and are unable? Or, they don't need to, but can when circumstances require it?

• 2 weeks later...

Your comment: "âWait what. Don't need to eat? I can't remember ever hearding/reading that, where do you have this from?"

The game states it clearly. Play the Institute quest line and ask question.

"Third generation synthetics are unlike humans and some liberated synths do not consider themselves human at all. The reasons for this are multiple, chief among them is the assembly process. According to Max Loken, synths do not require sleep at all to function properly, are completely immune to disease and don't require the intake of food or water to generate energy for their bodies certainly contribute."

There is no mistake of what you see and hear in the Institute. Just visit the robot lab.

Check out youtube video : Fallout 4 (PS4) - Synth Shaun Can't Grow Old

So no they are not Human or fully organic. They were never born babies, can't reproduce, and don't grow old.

your comment: "As for not reproducing, I'd say, the Institute probably could make it work, but didn't on purpose. However, such children would be 100% human.

The questions are, can a female synth body even do the necessary changes for a full pregnancy without breaking (synths can't put on weight if they eat too much sweets either), and, are the genetic tweaks to human tissue which synths a built from safe to be put into a human embryo?"
Remember they ALL carry your son's DNA. Inbreeding is a clear NO NO.

your comment: "For aging, I mostly understood it like, they don't age like humans. Again, a reasonable assumtion imo to say that the Institute at least tried to make synth cells technically immortal. Like, prevent their telomeres from shortening and add every kind of tumor prevention which they could think of."

No. It clearly states they don't age.

With limited resources it made sense to build them. Resources are extremely limited in this new world. Father built one synth child to setup Kellogg. All other Gen 3 were made adults with very little needs.