F04 1.10.163 update for real?

WaRi0

I hadn't played a lot since december and am using 1.10.162. I logged into the nexus and saw mod updates for a version 1.10.163 and see mentions of it on google (mostly pirate sites) but I alunched Fallout 4 from the launcher and from steam and did not get any update. is 163 even out for pc and if so how do I get it if steam does not update it for me?

Wario - You should be able to download the update through steam by doing a file verification thru steam. It will download the latest version of the client.

Since the updates in November, if you are not already, you will need to download and install this https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/42497

as the newer version of the game are not fully compatible with older mods. The patch that I linked gets rid of the version checker that causes the problems. It does run off of f4se tho, so you will need that too if you don't already use it.

Tho, if you update the game you'll have to update all of your version dependent mods like f4se, looksmenu, etc.

Wario - You should be able to download the update through steam by doing a file verification thru steam. It will download the latest version of the client.

Since the updates in November, if you are not already, you will need to download and install this https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/42497

as the newer version of the game are not fully compatible with older mods. The patch that I linked gets rid of the version checker that causes the problems. It does run off of f4se tho, so you will need that too if you don't already use it.

Tho, if you update the game you'll have to update all of your version dependent mods like f4se, looksmenu, etc.

i run 163, and all my own old version mods run fine with the game, and when changing things in ck(last version), ck will update the old versions, works fine to

so i don't see any problem and or compatible issues

Heyas Speedy! yeah, I'd kinda forgotten about the new CK will automatically update the header info in an older mod. Makes sense tho. Thanks for the reminder on that! :)

That's interesting. We've had a bunch of users having troubles with the game not loading some of the older mods. I rolled back to the older version of .130 from the install backups that I have on my external drive. So the plugin is a must for me, if I don't wanna go through and change the headers.

This is out of personal curiosity. Most of the users coming in with that problem are using Vortex. What mod manager do you use, if you use one?

Heyas Speedy! yeah, I'd kinda forgotten about the new CK will automatically update the header info in an older mod. Makes sense tho. Thanks for the reminder on that! :smile:

That's interesting. We've had a bunch of users having troubles with the game not loading some of the older mods. I rolled back to the older version of .130 from the install backups that I have on my external drive. So the plugin is a must for me, if I don't wanna go through and change the headers.

This is out of personal curiosity. Most of the users coming in with that problem are using Vortex. What mod manager do you use, if you use one?

i don't need any of those crap things, for the esp's i use, i made most myself, so i know wat they do, only the last 2 are not mine

my super mod list

*concord.esp
*cabin.esp
*qsmoke.esp
*cleaning.esp
*clean.esp
*bed.esp
*Lcarlevel.esp
*OVT.esp
*FO4 Seasons - Summer - AllDLC.esp

for the record, all are old version, and work fine

Hmmm. That answer is leading me more and more towards my thoughts that it might be the mod managers that aren't loading the plugins correctly when they're not showing up.

Noice. VERY nice and simple load order. That's got to be the smallest kb plugins.txt that I've seen, short of a fresh install.

Yep, old school. That's how I do it too. Even manually edit my plugins.txt file by hand.

Edited by StormWolf01

Even manually edit my plugins.txt file by hand.

i made the list manual, it have to be this order or some things don't work(override each other)

i do the same thing with skirym se, manual is my way, i know wat i do, and wat the esp's do

so no need for crappy s#*! :laugh:

and if i make someting i just add it to the list, check it out, and most of the time remove it again, wat you see is my main(perma) mod list

oww i just changed(editing) the cabin esp and ck updated the version, and still works fine

NOTE: I had ( please note text: HAD ) 3 mods that worked fine ( for a very short while, some shorter than others ) and then they started to CTD - LOCK and so on. I found out that though they work at first - well .....

I went to the specific mod forums and found others were also having issues w/the mods " suddenly not working " as well. It just took some " right away " and others when they got to ' Vanilla Trigger points '.

So do not assume older versions of mods will still work with this update and FO4 SE. Do NOT assume this, like I did.