Is there a way to fix some 21:9 ultrawide problems?

When using 21:9 ultrawide resolutions, some small aspects of Fallout New Vegas are scaling kinda bad such as the lockpicking game, terminals, sniper scopes that SPECIAL machine in Mitchells house.

I was able to fix the terminal via ini edit, there was actually a entry in [RenderedTerminal] for it. Are there also such things possible for the other things that are still way to big on the screen? Lockpicking game and Special Machine.

There is a mod on Nexus that claims to fix the sniper scopes with replacing nifs but it doesnt work and it seems like nobody in the comments got it running. Either the mod author didnt do it correctly or these nifs do not work? Anybody an idea?

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/65982

Really weird... I barely found anything about 21:9 gaming with FNV. The modding community is so big but absolutely nobody of them use ultrawide screens? Maybe that game is too old...

I also had to do an ini edit for the resolution since by default the Launcher doesnt show any 21:9 resolutions. I mean the game works just fine with it and I guess I can live with it. The most annoying are definitely the scopes though...

That aspect ratio was not conceived of when the game was created. What solutions we have found are listed in the "Issue - Playing at greater than 1920x1080 resolution" entry under the "Solutions to Graphics problems" section of the "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" wiki article.

If you do come up with a different solution, do let us know so we can update the wiki.

-Dubious-

Yeah those are the solutions I knew already. The scope is only half fixed. There isnt scissoring anymore but the aspect ratio of the scope texture or whatever it is, is weird and not as it should be. That is what that ultrawide scopes mod is supposed to be for but it doesnt work and I have no idea why.

Btw, you should maybe add this mod for 21:9 players to the guide/wiki: https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/60563/

Edited by LucyTheSuccubus