Coronavirus - Is there a silver lining?

MrJoseCuervo

Governor of Michigan closed all bars, cafes, coffee shops, restaurants, etc. today. Take out food only. (so, my guess is, drive-thrus will still be open, for places that have 'em.)

This is going to take a serious bite out of the economy. A lot of those folks, if they don't work, they don't get paid..... and this could last for weeks...... How many of the paycheck-to-paycheck crowd do you think will be able to pay their bills for weeks, without any income? Are we going to see a host of foreclosures next? Is real estate going to crash again? (time to move???)

But move where Hey?? The paycheck to paycheck crowd are world wide (well as world wide as where there is something you could call a paycheck). Where we have rich people we must have paycheck to paycheck people (the system is built on it).

I think Paga was on the only right track when he was looking for a small plot of fertile soil that wasn't too close to the rest of humanity.

It's curious that the event occurred after I recalled having been taught to grow garden plants. I can imagine what the timing suggests now.

I also found the timing of the events to suggest that our elderly are weaker than the expectations of authors for Popular Science Magazines in the 1950's. Medical advances and health practices would have given the advanced age members a better life style and work for all, because the expectations were highest for exploration of Outer Space that might have occurred in the 1960's. Many new sciences were being discovered and planetary exploration was regarded as highly probable in Popular Science Magazine about the advances of Science. All of what the authors described for the future of in that type of magazine was being taken for Science Facts holding up advances for us to achieve and those of us who were 10 to 18 years of age in the 1960's were considered to be the movers.

About the same time Deep Sea exploration arose with the invention of the aqualung and made popular by Jacques Cousteau. Swaying the attentions of many who were around 12 to 15 years of age around 1956. As I recall the ideas for deep sea diving took many youths imaginations delving into the deepest trench in the Atlantic Ocean.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Governor of Michigan closed all bars, cafes, coffee shops, restaurants, etc. today. Take out food only. (so, my guess is, drive-thrus will still be open, for places that have 'em.)

This is going to take a serious bite out of the economy. A lot of those folks, if they don't work, they don't get paid..... and this could last for weeks...... How many of the paycheck-to-paycheck crowd do you think will be able to pay their bills for weeks, without any income? Are we going to see a host of foreclosures next? Is real estate going to crash again? (time to move???)

But move where Hey?? The paycheck to paycheck crowd are world wide (well as world wide as where there is something you could call a paycheck). Where we have rich people we must have paycheck to paycheck people (the system is built on it).

I think Paga was on the only right track when he was looking for a small plot of fertile soil that wasn't too close to the rest of humanity.

Someplace with less grass to take care of, and a smaller house. :) I don't need 2500 square feet anymore, nor do I need 3 and change acres. I have a fair bit of equity in my house, so, I could sell it, and have a very nice down payment on something even nicer, that is less work to take care of. :) I am getting old, and I don't have kids living here anymore. This place is getting to be too much for the wife and I..... we both have our health issues. :D

Come to Florida. It's nice down here and lots to do. I have a home here and one in Washington DC but I stay in Florida most of the time.

:) I actually have family in Florida. (Vero Beach.) Unfortunately, the heat and humidity in summer just kill me. I have MS, so temp extremes take a pretty serious toll on me. I want to live someplace where it is sunny and 75 every day. :D If I ever find that place, I'll let ya know. :D

Come to Florida. It's nice down here and lots to do. I have a home here and one in Washington DC but I stay in Florida most of the time.

:smile: I actually have family in Florida. (Vero Beach.) Unfortunately, the heat and humidity in summer just kill me. I have MS, so temp extremes take a pretty serious toll on me. I want to live someplace where it is sunny and 75 every day. :D If I ever find that place, I'll let ya know. :D

Here's an idea Hey ... a honkin' big sailboat ... there is always someplace on the planet that is 75 and sunny. If you're looking for a skipper for the boat I know a sailor ... hint, hint.

:smile: I actually have family in Florida. (Vero Beach.) Unfortunately, the heat and humidity in summer just kill me. I have MS, so temp extremes take a pretty serious toll on me. I want to live someplace where it is sunny and 75 every day. :D If I ever find that place, I'll let ya know. :D

Here's an idea Hey ... a honkin' big sailboat ... there is always someplace on the planet that is 75 and sunny. If you're looking for a skipper for the boat I know a sailor ... hint, hint.

I had considered that. :) But, I would have to win the lottery first. (one of the big ones....) I think Ideally picking up on one of US Subs large variety submarines..... (5000 square feet of living space.....) would be perfect. Then just cruise around to where the weather is nice. :D They were only 80 million bucks last I checked.

I had considered that. :smile: But, I would have to win the lottery first. (one of the big ones....) I think Ideally picking up on one of US Subs large variety submarines..... (5000 square feet of living space.....) would be perfect. Then just cruise around to where the weather is nice. :D They were only 80 million bucks last I checked.

LOL ... might need to wait for the SuperBall (or whatever it's called) to get a bit bigger than usual for that one!! You're looking to really fly under the radar.

If someone sprays me with their snot and mouth spittal; I will whip out a pocket dispensed germ and anti-viral towel pack and scrub my face immediately.

And hand anyone who is near me a towel from the package of the specially treated towelettes. They were in stores long before this viral event.

I carry a packet of the anti-germ anti-viral towelettes on me at all times just to wash up while driving around if I snack in the car. stop to eat at a drive up fast food place, or while out camping.

Oh.. I would suggest San Diego then.. unfortunately its in California.

Oh.. I would suggest San Diego then.. unfortunately its in California.

Yeah, cost of living there is just stupid. That, and I really don't wanna live in a state that is sliding off into the ocean at the rate of half an inch a year...... :D