My game is dropping fps, severe lag

Boston FPS Fix eliminates pre-combines in down town Boston to lighten the load...

That’s a totally incorrect description of what that mod does. It does not eliminate precombines. It regenerates all new precombine and previs data for a large portion of the map, which is why it has a 565MB BA2 file. The intent is to restore that optimization data for users who have mods that do remove or otherwise disable it. Saying that it eliminates that data is the exact opposite of what it actually does and is wholly inaccurate.

You are correct that it can cause problems with scrapping mods if loaded after them, because of how scrapping mods work (by disabling precombines). The scrapping mod wants to break them, FPS Fix overrides those changes and restores them, hence scrapping mod longer works. That is one of the reasons I suggested the OP re-read the FPS Fix mod description for info on proper load order placement if they intend to keep using it.

Since I use Spring Cleaning for scrapping, which has an esm, the Boston FPS Fix always screws-up your game when using both. So, there goes your 'proper load order'.

And thanks for your bla-bla bout BFPS Fix. I always mix-up things with regard to those pesky pre-combines and also keep confusing them with pre-culling.