Reskinned worked fine, up until first new armor?

Forechosen

Hey guys,

Ok I'm at a complete loss.

I installed the 'female Lasombra reskin' (https://www.nexusmods.com/vampirebloodlines/mods/8?tab=posts) to use for my Malkavian character. Apart from that mod, the Unofficial Patch is the only other mod I'm using.

I followed the detailed instructions left by Pushkin17 in the 'posts' section of the mod. Everything worked great, I was playing as a Malkavian, using the lasombra reskin.

However, upon meeting Fat Larry and equipping the first new armor (heavy leather, I believe), my character suddenly appeared as the usual Malkavian skin (in the heavy leather).

I genuinely just.. have no idea why. I've renamed all the respective files, I've put them in the right place, why is the new armor not showing up as the lasombra reskin?

Any help would be hugely, hugely appreciated.

-----

here's a detailed list of everything I've done, in case it'll help anybody.

1. downloaded and extracted 'female Lasombra reskin' from the link I wrote above.
2. renamed the 'lasombra materials' folder to 'lasombra' and put it in:

'E:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Vampire The Masquerade - Bloodlines\Unofficial_Patch\materials\models\character\pc\female\'

3. renamed the 'lasombra_models' folder to 'malkavian' and put it in:

E:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Vampire The Masquerade - Bloodlines\Unofficial_Patch\models\character\pc\female\

4. renamed every instance of 'lasombra' inside the 'lasombra_models' folder (now called 'malkavian') - to 'malkavian' - for example,

lasombra_female_armor_0.mdl - became - malkavian_female_armor_0.mdl

I did this for armor0, armor1, armor2, and armor3 respectively.

I believe that's all I did. As, unless I'm misunderstanding something, that is all Pushkin17's post says. (Actually, the post says to put it in the 'vampire' folder. But Iheartgiantrats wrote in a comment, that if you have the unofficial patch installed, then you use that folder instead.)

5. As I said above, the reskin has worked perfectly so far, up until I equip this new armor - which is really what is confusing me, surely if I'd done something wrong, my Malkavian wouldn't have looked like a Lasombra at all.

Any help would genuinely be appreciated, thank you for reading.

--------------

Edited by Forechosen