Coronavirus Mod - Good or Bad Idea?

TheGhostFollows

People have always used art to help deal with/ process adversity and fear and i dont believe that, in principle, artistic expression should be limited by fear or disapproval. I say do it.

Yeah, I agree with this in theory. But there's a difference between exploring these themes and just trying to basically "cash in" on them in order to make oneself relevant. That's pathetic. Kind of like Greta Thunberg saying she "thinks" she had coronavirus. She's not relevant at the moment, and being the attention-seeker that she is, she can't stand it.

So a big part of this, and a big part of how your work is going to be perceived, OP, is your motivation for putting this out there.

And bear in mind that if it's really just a flat-out "coronavirus" mod with that exact name on the label, that a lot of people are going to ignore it for the blatant pandering that it is. People like me, who want a lore-friendly Skyrim, won't touch it with a stick. The people of Skyrim have no concept of "viruses." They do understand "plagues" though.

Thanks everyone for your input. I have decided against posting the mod at this time.

To clarify, as some of you had questions about my intent, it was solely meant as a joke (not just in name, there would have been in-game humor as well; high elves hoarding toilet paper, etc.). I don't give two shits about recognition/clicks from a modder community. I do care about making people laugh, though, and I don't think this idea makes the grade.

I have a Coronavirus mod ready to go, but I wanted to get a general idea of what people think about it before/if I release it. Is it too soon? Is it too insensitive? Does anyone hate/love the idea? Why?

It's mostly as a joke, hopefully to lighten the current mood. It's not meant to offend, but nowadays that seems to happen no matter what.

In the mod, the virus can be contracted in any major city or gathering area (1-in-5 chance) and the player develops a cough as well as health regen detriment of -1.

Let me know what you guys think. I don't want to release this without realizing the full repercussions.

Hah, sounds like a good mod.

I personally don't have an issue with people lightening up this pandemic with some humor, it's been done before, the "Covid" follower, "Rona" follower etc.

I would recommend waiting a couple weeks though as some people disagree with the idea of this post, let the crisis die down a bit, then I think people will have more acceptance

Edited by Guest