Need some help with a knockdown script

dudeapocalypse

I made a non lethal 40mm grenade ammo which knocks targets down. The problem is, if player fires at his feet with a last round of a grenade launcher or with a single shot grenade rifle, he gets knocked before he has time to reload and it causes some doubtful shenanigans where weapon is dropped, then re-added when player gets up, weapon could be not visible in 3rd person after that, in short, not a game-breaking stuff, but looks doubtful. So I want a script for the knockdown effect that would exclude player from a knockdown if he's reloading.

What I use now is edited bighorner knockdown script, and according to the GECK tutorial I need to Insert

If Player.GetAnimAction 8 == 0 into it somehow, but I have no idea how to do it correctly. Here's my current script:

scn PB40mmKnockdownScript

ref myself

Begin ScriptEffectStart

If myself.HasPerk Stonewall != 1
set myself to GetSelf
player.pushactoraway myself 3
Else
ShowMessage StonewallMessage
EndIf

End

You mean something like this?

ref myself

Begin ScriptEffectStart

set myself to GetSelf ; make sure you set variables BEFORE using them or bad things happen
If Player.GetAnimAction == 8

Else

ShowMessage StonewallMessage ; do you want a message here?

Endif
Else
EndIf

End

By the way, the discussion page for the GECK on Bethesda says that GetAnimAction doesn't return the values listed. You might need to use 9 instead of 8. I haven't tried it myself so I don't know which is correct. See the discussion tab here:

http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php?title=GetAnimAction

Edited by madmongo

You mean something like this?

ref myself

Begin ScriptEffectStart

set myself to GetSelf ; make sure you set variables BEFORE using them or bad things happen

If Player.GetAnimAction == 8

Else

ShowMessage StonewallMessage ; do you want a message here?

Endif

Else

EndIf

End

By the way, the discussion page for the GECK on Bethesda says that GetAnimAction doesn't return the values listed. You might need to use 9 instead of 8. I haven't tried it myself so I don't know which is correct. See the discussion tab here:

http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php?title=GetAnimAction

Hmm, now it doesn't knock anyone at all. I tried both GetAnimAction 8 and 9. It knocks everyone without " If Player.GetAnimAction == " line like before, but the "Stonewall blocked a knockdown attempt" message appears every time.

• 2 months later...