Skyrim SE won't launch after applying Falskaar or The Forgotten City mod

MucaGinger

Hello everyone!

I have a problem with Skyrim SE not launching after I install and enable either of Falskaar or The Forgotten City mod. However neither of mods requires additional mods in order to operate properly.

I also did sorting with Loot, but it showed that there is few errors (and some other stuff I don't understand).

I googled this but it seems no one else had such problems. Can anyone tell me what is preventing Skyrim from launching or how to solve this problem?

*P.S. I can upload my mod list, if anyone is interested in helping me out ;)

What LOOT is telling you is most likely the problem. Having 7 errors and 31 dirty plugins is most likely a major problem. Have you verified that all your mods are for SSE and that you do not have some from other versions of Skyrim? That will make for some serious havoc itself. Cleaning mods is a normal procedure of modding. I would suggest you go look up GamerPoets channel on Utube and find the videos to learn to use sseedit, TesVedit, or xedit based on the terminology they are using for the tool. They are all the same tool. GP will have videos on installation and use for cleaning mods and the game dlcs.

While that may not fix all your problems it will get you going on the right path. Also, if you really want to get some feedback here it is best to provide any and all relevant info that could potentially help. Info on how long you had played the said list of mods, all tools being used (but I am guessing you may not know of any past LOOT), MM used, and yes a LO list of your plugins and possibly a mods list would help too. Good luck

Edited by Indiao21

I remove or redo anything from my plugins/mods that has a query against it. You have to be ruthless. Coming back to Skyrim and using SE for the first time I had no trouble getting into Falskaar or Forgotten City (assuming you are using the SE version), but, sad to say, I would no longer recommend either. I did these with my first new playthrough before adding SKSE and all the extras that then became available, so if you really want to see them, keep it simple.