Home plate settlers

Danstronghammer

Hi y'all. Con someone create a mod which allows the Home Plate to function as a settlement. I'd like to have some settlers residing there, to keep an eye on the place when my character is out exploring the wasteland

Thanks for your time

I play on XBone

Edited by Danstronghammer

You can do this right now on PC or Xbox with Workshop Ownership Utilities : (9) Upgrade any workshop to a full settlement.

(9) This unlocks all build options at a workshop and generates the necessary Center/Spawn/Attack markers. It does NOT register the workshop with WorkshopParentScript so settlers will not be recruited by the base game beacon and bed/food/safety/vendor resources can not be assigned or produce or manage happiness. Recruit settlers using the recruitment ham radio in this mod, but they wont actually do anything. As vital keywords can not be added to the location record, trying to force WorkshopParent registration can break your game.

If anyone offers a solution to register the workshop, best ask a qualifying question "how do you trigger the vital WorkshopReset function ?" before they trash your workshop system.

Hi @SKK50, thats a great mod and you're right, it does do what i'm after but it also does a hell of a lot more.

I was really only after something which would either just allow settlers to be assigned to the Home Plate or make it a functional settlrment.

I might give your mod a try, but it is more complicated than what i'm after. Good job though it looks great

Making homeplate a full settler assignable settlement that does not break the rest of your workshops is far more complicated.

The functions to make it settler assignable are in the mod, but hidden as they could break the rest of your workshops.

if you type, up, at search, home plate, you find some mods about home plate. Some of them look great, but i don't trust them. At the past, i try a home plate settlement mod: 1 the settlers don't get, in home plate and many times at Pip-boy i don't see any settlers, there. 2 Home plate, even with mods, can't expanded, because close to this location, are some other important places and shops.

i think, when i add the home plate settlement, some other vanilla settlement, get disappeared.