Can import, but cannot export .nif files?

Galcyon

So, I'm using Blender 2.79b to alter some modded meshes for Skyrim Standard Edition, I've installed the scripts needed to import .nif files, but I can't seem to export them (despite having the option to do so). I can alter them and save them as .blend files, but the moment I try to export as a .nif, I get an error, and manually changing the file type to .nif fails to work.

Screencap of the error messsage

(click to enlarge)

Anyone have any ideas as to what's happening?

The file I have is... blender_nif_plugin-2.6.0a0.dev4.zip

Hm. "2.6.0a0". Maybe I'm using the wrong scripts? Was 2.6.0a0 a released Blender build, or am I just confusing the file version for Blender version compatability?

I think this answers your question "Currently there are no stable releases of Blender Nif Plugin 2.6.x series, the only developer builds"

This covers all versions beginning with 2.6. Use an older version.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey there everyone, I am facing a very similar problem with Blender 2.49b,

I can successfully import NifFiles to Blender , but whenever I try to export the 3D model into a Nif File, Blender 2.49b shows this error -

"export:CRITICAL:'Armature': Cannot export envelope skinning. If you have vertex groups, turn off envelopes. If you don't have vertex groups, select the bones one by one press W to convert their envelopes to vertex weights, and turn off envelopes.

NifExportError: 'Armature': Cannot export envelope skinning. Check console for instructions."

How do I solve this ?

• 9 months later...

you e

Hey there everyone, I am facing a very similar problem with Blender 2.49b,

I can successfully import NifFiles to Blender , but whenever I try to export the 3D model into a Nif File, Blender 2.49b shows this error -

"export:CRITICAL:'Armature': Cannot export envelope skinning. If you have vertex groups, turn off envelopes. If you don't have vertex groups, select the bones one by one press W to convert their envelopes to vertex weights, and turn off envelopes.

NifExportError: 'Armature': Cannot export envelope skinning. Check console for instructions."

How do I solve this ?

have you ever figured this out?