Magnolia's Burlesque Outfit Pink Stockings Issue

AbsolutGrndZer0

First of all, I have informed the mod author of this issue, and it's not an issue for him/her nor for most users, just a small number of us. It seems to be a problem with the effect shader transparency of the outfit's stockings (it is NOT a missing texture, this has been verified) and yet neither of us have ever seen this issue with any other mod (I have no problems with ice on my nuka-cola refrigerators or other outfits with stockings, so neither of us can figure this out....

Here is my screenshot of the issue (Not posting it inline, as I am not sure of the adult status of the outfit) http://www.absolutegroundzero.com/Images/PinkStockingsError.jpg

Anyone else have some insight for us on what might be causing this outfit to have pink stockings in game, despite it working fine for most players (and it's not that the stockings aren't installed, I can go into the folder and the files are all installed.)

This is the bugs page for the mod, if anyone wants to chime in to help us figure this out: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/43825?tab=bugs

Edited by AbsolutGrndZer0

Yeah that's the first thing that I would think of too, is that it's a texture issue. It sorta is, but it's mostly not.

I've had the same thing happen to me with a few custom reticles in mod scopes. It's an issue with some of the AMD video cards. They don't render certain types of textures. I'm not into that, so I haven't looked up the specifics. But I know that NovaFinch has started addressing it, in some of his recent mods. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/43199?tab=files

As AbsolutGrndZer0 said, it's NOT a missing texture. The texture IS there, I'm the author of that mod. Perhaps its AMD cards, perhaps its something I did. I have no idea, the thing is I have Nvidia cards for all of my computers and the texture shows up exactly as it does in my screenshots I took for the mod. Which is, obviously, how its supposed to look. And the people having the issue have tried redownloading and/or verifying that the texture/material files are in the right place and are still having the issue.

VX7ml0pr_t.jpg

Ok, just did a quick test with the mod. Also an AMD chipset.

Both outfits had the pink stockings. Verified all the files, both in the download, and in my data folders. Completely manual install.

Sorry for the lousy quality of the pic. Test Character. Didn't have anyplace on the map with good lighting. That and I suck with screenshots for this game!

BTW, ShadowLiger, that's a WIP of the preset that I'm making based on the character card picture that you have there on your mod page :D

But yeah. It's gotta be a problem with the AMD graphics. I saw the post there on the weapon mod that I linked to. Maybe if he doesn't respond in a day or two I might PM him directly and see if he can link me to a tute or something about how to fix that.

Also yeah. I've read that the xbox uses AMD hardware too. So I can back up what GrndZer0 was saying about that.

Edited by StormWolf01

Err, that's weird. I have RX series card and experienced the same purple tint. After I turned off Env Mapping, everything looked as it should.

Edit: I was curious about this, since I'm an AMD user myself. Sorry that didn't work for you. Best of luck in figuring out the root of this problem.

Edit2: I tried one more thing, which leads me to believe it is actually a missing texture. I copied Env Map texture from the mod COCO Lace Body, called pvc_e.dds, and pasted it in the folder of magnolia's burlesque outfit. I opened the BGEM file, in Effects where the main texture for the stocking is, I put pvc_e.dds as Envmap Mask Texture. Environment Mapping in General settings I left on. The stockings looked normal in the game.