Oblivion to New Vegas - Blender Help

Tragicvision

Hello,

I don't normally ask for help but I've been at this for a good two days now. Porting modded armour from Oblivion to a Fallout body; weighted, parented, the works. But it's been a while since I've used Blender and I can't think what I've missed.

Here it is in game and with this particular try I deliberately missed out mesh parts when joining them all up for the bone weight copy to see what it would achieve. It's the closest I've got but still none the wiser.

Please completely ignore the texture. I haven't even got round to fixing that in nifskope yet

1FvkEa5l.png

The legs animate perfectly, but the majority of the arms are stuck in the old Oblivion T-pose whilst the 'hidden' parts are sort of aligned with the fallout skeleton but 30 degrees off.

If anyone has an inkling or just a nudge in the right direction from looking at it, I'll be much obliged and I can finally sleep.

Cheers

Edited by Tragicvision

I found online a clothing converter that converts Oblivion clothing/armor to work in FO3 and FNV.

I tried to use it for a couple of things but gave up on it and deleted it. I think it came from Lovers Lab but I can't be sure.

However, I did find this: Oblivion Model Converter for Fallout 3 https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/11380/

Also, make sure that the export setting for the game is for Fallout, not Oblivion.

Edited by M48A5

Thanks M48A5. I think I downloaded this on the 19th so I'll have to have another go at it. Same with the converted skeleton which is also on Nexus. It's just one tiny step I've missed or added and I can't think what it is.

Cheers for the help though.

Edited by Tragicvision

I know that Oblivion clothing can be ported to FO3/FNV because there are a lot of mods that have done it. I guess I just don't have the talent or patience to do it myself.

However, if you could ever get the Oblivion BnB skeleton to FO3/FNV it would be great. Someone started the project a couple of years ago, but I think they quit on it.

Yay! That guide filled in the blanks so thanks man. Done it. Bit of a 'round the houses' effort but I've converted it finally with meat-caps and the animation is smoooooth. Now for the textures.

BnB huh? Might be worth looking into. I tend to use smaller bodies.