Increasing the durations of Spells

Amessagetoyou

Hello everyone.
I guess I am not the only person who finds the duration of spells like summons, fortify skill, shield/elemental shield, resist, etc. lacking.
I tried to search for a mod to increase the duration of those (at least tripling it in my opinion) but had no luck.

Is it possible to make a mod that would increase their duration beyond 120 seconds?

If I am not mistaken, I am supposed to edit a few variables. In that case, I am more than happy to do it myself if someone tells me what variables they are.

Thanks in advance for any of your suggestions :mellow:

Edited by Amessagetoyou

that's possible with some UI edit. Check this: https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/49018

Thank you for the suggestion. This mod has an option to make the duration of the spells go from 120 to 300, which is kind of what I want (although a little longer won't hurt either)

In the meantime, how can I make the spell costs at 300 seconds (same magnitude of course) be equivalent to that of 120 seconds? I assume there is a global value that controls this but I have no idea what that is and how much I am supposed to turn it down for the desired effect. If you have any idea about this, I would appreciate it.

For now, I am very glad that 120 seconds is not something hard-coded and we can get becond that :confused:

EDIT: I just checked that mod in-detail and it seems it allows one to set any limit for magnitude/higher/duration by changing the multiplier value.

Now, all I need is to figure out how I am supposed to change the base spell cost of summon/fortify/resist/shield spells :)

Edited by Amessagetoyou