Nerevarine, 7th Champion of Cyrodiil & Dragonborn

x3Darkie

It's been a while, but I am pretty sure you don't absorb Alduin's soul.

Indeed you do not. Talos also isn't a full fledged God, as Gods cannot be created. He just occupied a vacant seat in the pantheon, essentially replacing Lorkhan. That makes him Lorkhan, not a seperate god unto himself. Even then. there is nothing to suggest that the PC Dragonborn is another Tiber Septim. There have been many Dragonborn, you were just in the right place at the right time.

Edited by Lachdonin

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed you do not. Talos also isn't a full fledged God, as Gods cannot be created. He just occupied a vacant seat in the pantheon, essentially replacing Lorkhan. That makes him Lorkhan, not a seperate god unto himself. Even then. there is nothing to suggest that the PC Dragonborn is another Tiber Septim. There have been many Dragonborn, you were just in the right place at the right time.

Talos did indeed take the place of Lorkhan, but he only did that because he WAS Lorkhan.

The CoC was just a mortal. A powerful mortal, but a mortal nonetheless with nothing generally special about him beyond his abilities (That are, again, entirely mortal).

The Nerevarine is immortal unless slain by the blade, has proven drastically and ridiculously powerful (Killed 2 gods, an aspect of an even greater god, and so on), and is known to probably still hold on to the artifacts Wraithguard, Sunder, and Trueflame, all stupidly powerful in their own right.

The Dragonborn obviously has an inherent ability for the use of the Thu'um and is a more than capable combatant (being an expert killer of all things), though still is relatively mortal.

All in all, it would probably end up being a fight between the Dragonborn and the Nerevarine. The CoC could probably hold his own for a while (especially if we presume hes using the Crusader's Relics), but he would be the first to fall. After that, it just ends up being whose going to die first between two fairly equal combatants, perhaps with a slight advantage to the Neravarine.

You might find out who is stronger between the Dragonborn and the Nerevarine and the Champion of Cyrodiil . The Nerevarine is immortal, because of the Corpus disease and the Champion of Cyrodiil is immortal because he is the Daedric Prince of Insanity. So they might both show up and have a Battle Royal.

The CoC was just a mortal. A powerful mortal, but a mortal nonetheless with nothing generally special about him beyond his abilities (That are, again, entirely mortal).

The Nerevarine is immortal unless slain by the blade, has proven drastically and ridiculously powerful (Killed 2 gods, an aspect of an even greater god, and so on), and is known to probably still hold on to the artifacts Wraithguard, Sunder, and Trueflame, all stupidly powerful in their own right.

The Dragonborn obviously has an inherent ability for the use of the Thu'um and is a more than capable combatant (being an expert killer of all things), though still is relatively mortal.

All in all, it would probably end up being a fight between the Dragonborn and the Nerevarine. The CoC could probably hold his own for a while (especially if we presume hes using the Crusader's Relics), but he would be the first to fall. After that, it just ends up being whose going to die first between two fairly equal combatants, perhaps with a slight advantage to the Neravarine.

You are forgetting that the CoC became Sheogorath in Shivering Isles DLC. He became immortal since then.

Edited by x3Darkie

The Champion. A Daedric Prince possessing Pelinal's artefacts is pretty much an unstoppable force in my opinion.

Second goes to the Dragonborn. Since he has incredible shouts that would pretty much obliterate the Nerevarrine. Remember that he/she can summon two dragons (so far) and the souls of a hero that is possibly equal to the Nerevarine in its own right. He also possesses the bow of Akatosh.

I think the people saying Nerevarrine are operating only on nostalgia. Then again I could be too for Oblivion. Of course I did not delve that much into Morrowind as I have done either of its successors. Someone should list all the potential powers that the Nerevarrine could call on and compare to the other two.

The Champion. A Daedric Prince possessing Pelinal's artefacts is pretty much an unstoppable force in my opinion.

Second goes to the Dragonborn. Since he has incredible shouts that would pretty much obliterate the Nerevarrine. Remember that he/she can summon two dragons (so far) and the souls of a hero that is possibly equal to the Nerevarine in its own right. He also possesses the bow of Akatosh.

I think the people saying Nerevarrine are operating only on nostalgia. Then again I could be too for Oblivion. Of course I did not delve that much into Morrowind as I have done either of its successors. Someone should list all the potential powers that the Nerevarrine could call on and compare to the other two.

Agree. I myself had not play Morrowind, so I only listed what I know from what I've read.

Edited by x3Darkie

Absolutely not. Plenty of people have already listed why the Nereverine is the greatest among them. Let's do a rehash of a post on the front page that I think sums it up nicely.

The Nerevarine was a reborn hero of an extinct race of Mer, blessed by Azura, who became one with the Divine Disease, destroyed (or at least displaced) the Heart of Lorkhan, single handedly destroyed a skeleton army and the lich commanding it, vanquished two living gods, overcame Lycanthropy and bested Hercine in single combat.

The Dragonborn has the soul of a Dragon, defeated the World Eater, braved the soul-consuming domain of the Soul Cairn, slew one of the most ancient vampires in Skyrim (maybe even Tamriel) and (presumably, i don't have Dragonborn) survived the libraries of Hermaeus Mora and defeated the progenetor of the Dragonblood.

The CoC's start was far more mundane. He braved Oblivion to shut gates (not really killing anyone overly important) found the bastard heir of the throne, killed some Dagon worshipers, then watched Martin actually defeat Dagon. Only after that did he start to rise, becomming the Divine Crusader, vanquishing a demi-god, then stopping the Greymarch by mantling Sheogorath. Really, because of the last event, he isn't even the CoC anymore, so the achievements end the instant he becomes Sheogorath (because he didn't replace, he became).

According to this it looks to me like the Nerevarine wins, hands down. There isn't any nostalgia involved. The Nerevar simply accomplished greater things.

I'll say again, i don't consider the CoC a Daedric Prince. That's not how mantling works. Martin didn't defeat Dagon, Akatosh did after Martin BECAME him. Likewise, when the CoC became Sheogorath, the CoC ceased to exist. There was only Sheogorath. The CoC may well have died in that instant, or else his/her personality just became another in the myriad that is the Madgod.

Because of that, becomming a Daedric Prince isn't something i think you can say the CoC did. Instead, it was more Sheogorath finding a patzy to become him, while he became Jyggalag.

Even with the artifacts of Pelinal Whitestrake, the CoC is NOT Pelinal. Discounting being absorbed into Sheogorath, all the artifacts of the Crusader do is put him on the same playing field as the Dragonborn and the Nerevarine. Naked. Put their own relics on top of that, and he's sorely out classed.

Problem you guys are missing about the CoC Is that he is not the Prince of Madness. Yes he mantled Sheogorath but by the time he would have actually become Sheogorath he wouldn't be the CoC anymore and could not reasonably be considered under this hypothetical match off. They are two distinct beings, whose only connection is one eventually dissolving into the other as the Prince of Madness rebuilds himself using the essence of the CoC. And this isn't to mention that his powers from mantling Sheogorath only work while within the Shivering Isles. So unless this fight takes place in the Shivering Isles, the CoC is mortal.

And as for the Divine Relics, remember that even Pelinal wasn't exactly invincible with these relics. He was dismembered after all while wearing them.