[LE] Script in races

lupa4000

Hi,

I'm new in the mod community. Currently I'm working on a mod and I am facing some problems with the races, premise that I have no idea how scripts work I would like to know it it is possible to add a script to a race. So for example when you transform in VL the script starts running.

Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

If you are new to modding and don't know papyrus it's kind of hard to explain in plain words how to do something like this.

Here is a recent post with a similar topic, it might help you understand the mechanics behind it.

In your case a "Dummy Quest" would be more appropriate.

* You can not add scripts directly to a race.

Ok, thanks for the reply.

I have another question, theoretically speaking a script can call a race.

I make an example, when in the game I press the key to become a VL, can I run a script that instead of using the vampirelord race use the werewolf race or another custom vampire race?

Edited by lupa4000

"theoretically speaking a script can call a race."

Yes and No.

You can not call / get the race of template NPC or LeveledActor.

"when in the game I press the key to become a VL, can I run a script that instead of using the vampirelord race use the werewolf race or another custom vampire race?"

Yes and No.

Beast transformation races are controlled by the disease / spell that the Player has / carries at the time you will trigger the transformation, so you need to control / modify / add - remove the spell disease before you trigger the transformation.

In order to do something like this you need first to understand the exact mechanics of the transformations.

Edited by maxarturo