[LE] Sleep and sit node on same object?

Darklocq

If I have a bench/couch, can I put a sleep node on it as well as sitting nodes, so a follower can nap on it, or might that cause one follower to nap and another to sit "through" that follower in a freaky clipping mess? Inquiring nerds want to know! Maybe there's a scripty way to turn off the sitting nodes when the sleep node is active and vice versa. F if I know at this point. I don't much care if I can use the object predictably myself. Basically, I have a house mod with too few beds, but a pool area with a lot of benches that I would like to see get used for sleeping, late-night. For all I know, everyone will just use whatever node was added later, or something like that. Hmph.

Not sure adding a node would do that. Worth a shot I guess. But you could do this with some tricky coding and placements. One possible way to do this ... You would need to use the clear (no visible object) versions of the sleep object and sit object. Place them over an edited version of the bench that is now a static item. Then drop the same script on both objects, that are now basically on top of each other in the kit with a slight offset so both are clickable, that disables the other when in use. That may sound a bit complicated but it is all doable. May take you a few shots to get it right. Only foreseeable problem I can see would be: You may have to work out detecting when the npc stops using one of the objects to return both object back to enabled.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I figured something like that would have to be done, so two don't try to use it at once for different things. I think it'll be faster for me to just replace some of the benches with custom beds that look like benches or something that might be around a pool.