In the base game of Fallout 4, if a person finds a gun, they see if its better than the one they've got. If its better, or they like it more, then they will equip it.
Settlers and NPC's will try to get better armour and clothes, and equip them, if they find them in Boxes, Workbenches, Corpses, Etc...
They will equip clothing and armour, based on a set of likes.
- Combat minded Tries to get best, and strongest armour.
- Fashion minded Wants to look good, shuns armour.
- Slutty minded flirt minded, likes skimpy clothes.
- Slob minded Wears any old clothes, scrappy clothes a priority.
- Utility minded Farmers wear farm clothes, Soldiers wear soldier clothes, Scrappers wear scrap
- Cross Dressers Women wearing Manly items, Men wearing Feminine items.
It would be fun if they also changed their hairstyles, if you had a Barber in the Settlement. But that is probably asking too much.
This would need clothes to be tagged, with clothing types. Also People to be tagged with Mindsets.
Reason... A whole settlement to equip with armour, and clothing. Quicker to just drop them in your workbench, and be surprised to see what types of characters, that you have in your settlement.
Edited by Krazyman999, 25 March 2020 - 05:58 PM.