Kumat0ra

I'm working on a mod that increases chem effectiveness in relation to the medicine skill, so far everything works properly except for Psycho and Slasher. The GECK has the effect for damage from those two listed as just PsychoEffect rather than the general IncreasedDamageResistance used by Med-X, which works with the mod. I can't find any Increased_______ effect that does anything with general damage. Is there another effect in the GECK that I can use in its place? And/Or any way to create a custom effect that would act as a general damage increase?

Psycho uses the PsychoMagicEffect, which is a scripted effect. If you look at the script (creatively named PsychoEffectScript) it adds the psycho perk, which then has a perk entry that multiplies weapon damage by 1.25.

If you want to make the damage increase with your medicine skill, create different perks with different damage multipliers and have the PsychoEffectScript check the player's medicine skill and add the appropriate perk for that skill level.

Psycho uses the PsychoMagicEffect, which is a scripted effect. If you look at the script (creatively named PsychoEffectScript) it adds the psycho perk, which then has a perk entry that multiplies weapon damage by 1.25.

If you want to make the damage increase with your medicine skill, create different perks with different damage multipliers and have the PsychoEffectScript check the player's medicine skill and add the appropriate perk for that skill level.

Is there any way to just add a value modifier for weapon damage like Med-X has with damage resistance that way it's automatically calculated by the Medicine stat ingame rather than having it set up through a perk like it normally would for psycho?

Nope you only get what's in the drop down of the "Assoc. Item" on the Base Effect.

By the way I think "Morphine" (named Med-X) in this game , uses the "Ignore Negative Effects" Not "Increased Damage Resistance" Which is what Fo3 used before "Increased Damage Threshold" was put in this game.

So the only direct damage increases you can get with value modifier on a base effect , is Mele Damage and Unarmed damage. Then there is increasing damage through indirect means with the weapon skills , and Critical Chance. Not sure what Bloody Mess would do for you as a value modifier ? But then also your SPECIAL stats as a mention for some indirect damage increase.

So hence they used a Perk / Entry Point , to get straight damage increase across the board for any type.

You can change Psycho to a value modifier if you want , but you will have to re-invent how it works. By adding a couple different things to it , like mele damage and guns skill ... just an example.