Sim Settlements won't let me recruit assign or do ANYTHING with settlers

oktobor

So I installed Sim Settlements on a fresh game and now all my settlements are broken.

I can't recruit or assign anyone to anything.

At first I thought it was just bad luck with the recruitment beacons so I downloaded recruitable settlers and then found out when I speak to one of them I can't send them anywhere. (dialog runs as normal but they never leave their spawn)

Same with in game settlers like Sheffield.

I tried, forcing NPCs to be settlers using the dev console, assigning companions to do stuff, building automatons, I even tried running SKK Workshop Ownership Utilities and using its bug finding feature but it returned 0 errors in the "Workshop parent script". Tried installing "Workshop Framework" but that hasn't fixed it either. Even tried uninstalling/reinstalling Sim Settlements through the Vortex Mod manager but no luck.

Is there anything else I can try? Or do I have to do another clean install?

I recall reading something about Red Rocket and Sanctuary Hills being in some "triangle of death" but it was multiple paragraphs of text that i couldn't understand. Does that maybe have something to do with my inability to settlement?

Edited by oktobor

This topic

Settlement Electricity Overhaul

Powers nothing. I had my spotlights and soda machine wired and they ran fine, tried using this mod and nothing I could do would get it to power ANYTHING

Scrap dead things

Doesn't work any more.
Installed it, killed an eyebot near red rocket, can't scrap the corpse.

Spawn Settler Button

Doesn't work, I place the button it goes grey and then I dont get an interact prompt.

Too many error messages for today.
Spawn Settler Button is my mod and it works perfectly.

Be more careful with diagnostics. Or is it trolling?

Hello from Greece. i hear for first time, this bug. Maybe if you visit this mod page, the author or others mod players, can help you.

All i know is Sim Settlements have a holotape and at menu, there is a choice recruit and choose how many unemployment settlers you want to have, so you can assign them somewhere else / defense and other.

Sim settlements auto assign settlers, if you build first, something at Sim settlements menu

Maybe if you put recruitable settlers mod, last at load order, this help.

i think there are Sim settlements addons about settlers and local leaders. i don't use those addons, so i can't help about that. Maybe those mods, conflict with something.

Also, there is a Sim Settlements addon for recruitable settlers, i think.

That's all. Thanks.

• 1 year later...