Photo

Remove Eat Sound (Misophonia Accessability)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033,963 posts
Remove Eat Sound (Misophonia Accessability)

Removes the sound when eating solid food to help those with misophonia

BrightlightBarking

BrightlightBarking

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
I cannot wait to try this, I really can't thank you enough for taking this on!

Edit: It works perfectly, by the way, thank you again. I can eat anything I want now!
Edit Edit: Maaaaay have spoke too soon about "perfectly", but I'm not sure. I'm SoOoOoOo "smart", so I installed your mod and another mod at the same time, and now my game isn't saving, so I'll have to figure out which one is responsible. I'll do that in the morning because Argh.

Edited by BrightlightBarking, 05 April 2020 - 04:21 AM.

HolaKase123

HolaKase123

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
what's exactly the misophonia?

BrightlightBarking

BrightlightBarking

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
In response to post #79068003.

Spoiler

It's a disorder where particular noises can create feelings of irrational anger in you. I get FURIOUS when I hear someone eating, even if they're trying to be quiet. Loud, repetitive and shrill noises can also trigger it, wet sounds, scraping sounds. These things are unpleasant to most people, sure, but to misophonia sufferers, they're completely infuriating and it's not really something you can get used to. You have to find ways to cope, or you'll push people away with unreasonable reactions.

Hayllee

Hayllee

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
In response to post #79068003. #79070478 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

It's a sensory disorder that causes people to become irrationally angry and sometimes physically pained by hearing certain noises- most often related to noises people make like chewing, sniffing, lip smacking, gulping, etc. It really varies from person to person, and not every source of the noise bothers someone, but that's basically what it is. For example, I have it, but the Stardew Valley chewing noise has never bothered me. I'm mainly bothered by chewing that sounds wet and spitty as well as sniffing noises. It's weird.

I appreciate you making and sharing this mod, though, TheFluffyRobot!

TheFluffyRobot

TheFluffyRobot

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
In response to post #79062478.

Spoiler

Hey, this mod only changes a function that plays a sound so I don't *think* this mod should affect it. What other mods do you have installed?
Feel free to upload your log file after you reproduce it again. Then I can look into your issue and see what mod is causing the problem!

https://smapi.io/log

keezie

keezie

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Jesus Christ, thank you. Over 600 hours into this game and this is the one thing I've always wanted. ?

BrightlightBarking

BrightlightBarking

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
In response to post #79062478. #79103238 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

Tons. This was mod number 399. I have a problem, lol! But yes, after thorough testing, your mod is perfect and I love it, and it saves just fine! It was the other one I installed at the same time, and I'll go tell that author.

HirayukiArano

HirayukiArano

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thank you for this! I use a mod that negates the need to eat, but I heard an NPC chow down today and shuddered a little. I'm sure this will be greatly appreciated in the misophonia community.

notmedicine

notmedicine

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
holy s***, i did not expect to see a mod like this at all, but i am so happy. i always just muted ALL sound effects, but that makes the game more dull. or maybe thats just what i did on terraria haha. thank you so much for making this mod <333

Page loaded in: 1.007 seconds