[LE] Can Familiars use spells?

First time modder here. I made a spell in the creation kit; 'Conjure Hjalrir' - which is a 1.5x times larger Familiar which sticks arounds for a whole day. So far so good, at least from a roleplay perspective. But I don't seem to be able to change his stats. When summoned he has a puny attack stat which hardly damages enemies and I can't seem to change. I'm trying to strike a balance with him being just a few degrees stronger than I am, so I used 2x pc level mult. However, his attacks stats are still petty. I suspect he might be getting overwritten by mod scripts, maybe?

After that, I thought it would be neat to add a Conjure Familiar spell to Hjalrir himsef, so that he can summon a smaller familiar when combat commences. I added a spell to the character sheet, and changed casting to 'Voice' - but if I'm honest, I have no idea how to go about this. Can anyone point me to any resources or guides to this problem?

Thanks!

Edited by philometer12

" When summoned he has a puny attack stat which hardly damages enemies and I can't seem to change "

To change his attack damage you need to create a "New Race" and change the "Attack Data" and if you desire attack spells to each / different attacks, then with that "Race" create your NPC.

"Can anyone point me to any resources or guides to this problem?"

I don't think there are out there guides and tutorials for advanced stuff (this is kind of advanced), every tutorial that exist covers only the basics and they are targeted to beginners modders.

You can make your dog conjure another dog (or any creature / actor to use a spell), but in this particular situation it requires to:

1) Create an "Ability" spell with condition "IsInCombat".

2) Create and empty "Scripted Magic Effect".

3) Add to your empty "Scripted Magic Effect" a default vanilla script > "Spriggan Ability" (i can't remember the exact name of the script right now - i'll post it later when i open my pc).

4) Create the conjuration spell you want your "Dog" to use.

5) Add that spell to the "Spriggan Ability" script of your "Dog" scripted Magic Effect.

And you are done....

I hope it helps