Requesting aid on what the hell am I doing wrong for Fallout NV modding

From 10:00 to currently 1:20 am in the morning. I have been troubleshooting and losing my damn mind over crashing and trying to play the damn game for a long time without a worry.

My friend got me into New Vegas again from his stories of playing it and recommend me to get Vortex Mod manager. I regretting because I think that might be the problem or that my mods are not set up in the correct way which my friend keeps telling me 'YOU TO MANY MODS ENABLED' yet playing Skyrim before and downloading mods on that, I had fewer chances of freakin' crashing.

The mods in the order I have installed which I've typed by each mod since I need some help trying to figure out what needs to stay and what needs to go for so far to make my freakin' computer work.

P.S.

The PC I have is not that old nor is it that new, the processor I use is an AMD Ryzen 5 3400G accompanied by a Nivida 1660 Super which is a powerhouse for me right now so no, not any technical problems. And had properly installed NVSE using the first video pop up from Apoqsi dude.

The mods that have installed is addons by the Someguy series to complete it, Alternative Roleplayers start, MCM, Enhanced blood mod, Wasteland Flora Overhaul, checkpoint Gary, Fallout character Overhaul, altAWOP, the entire New Vegas Bounties series, Better angel, and the Inheritance, UIO, better lighting mod, three individual gun mods, weapon retextured project, and Weapons of the New Millenia pack.

SO PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP because this is torturing from just wanting to play a single game of fallout!

Edited by NoNamedotEXERunning

Your issue is not Vortex. Your friend my be right. FNV is not Skyrim. Once you get over 100, your game is at risk. I would:

• Go into Vortex and PURGE all your mods. That should return the game to a virgin state.
  • Make sure you have the "required" stability tweaks - 4 gig patch for STEAM, GOG has it pre-applied - NVAC - NVTF- Wrye BASH - and NVSE.
  • Run the game and make sure it will start.
  • Then add back your mods a few at a time. If you get a crash it will easier to determine the culprit.
  • Keep your mod count under 120, preferably under 100. This includes ALL mods, not just ones with plugins.
  • HTR is right. Some mods will need to be repacked. But most FNV mods are fine. This was more of a problem with Oblivion and older FO3 mods.

Good luck. FNV is a great game. If you need further help, ask on the FNV support forums.

Zanderat has given excellent advice. Also, I agree that FNV is a great game. (In fact, I think it is the best game in the Fallout series. The DLC is outstanding.)

Many people aren't aware that Fallout NV has a hard plugin limit of about 140 plugins. For the game to be stable, I myself never played it with more than about 100 carefully chosen mods, not all of which had plugins.

You've selected some great mods that will very much enhance your FNV experience. For excellent advice on how to integrate them into your game, follow Zanderat's advice and go to the FNV support forums here on Nexus Mods. You'll find top notch help in those forums.

Your issue is not Vortex. Your friend my be right. FNV is not Skyrim. Once you get over 100, your game is at risk. I would:

• Go into Vortex and PURGE all your mods. That should return the game to a virgin state.
  • Make sure you have the "required" stability tweaks - 4 gig patch for STEAM, GOG has it pre-applied - NVAC - NVTF- Wrye BASH - and NVSE.
  • Then add back your mods a few at a time. If you get a crash it will easier to determine the culprit.
  • Keep your mod count under 120, preferably under 100. This includes ALL mods, not just ones with plugins.
  • HTR is right. Some mods will need to be repacked. But most FNV mods are fine. This was more of a problem with Oblivion and older FO3 mods.

Good luck. FNV is a great game. If you need further help, ask on the FNV support forums.

The funny thing about it is, I only have 45 mods only in and that's making me very question I'm just missing something

The funny thing about it is, I only have 45 mods only in and that's making me very question I'm just missing something

Most likely you have a mod incompatibility. Following my suggestions should get you there.

Most likely you have a mod incompatibility. Following my suggestions should get you there.

I did managing to clear some stuff up with AWOP being a jerk and somehow downloading a really crappy version of it that was not finished but fixed it with redownloading the real one and Manan's Tweak 1.0. But so far on my run for succession, the list has gone down to 21 mods.

Your basic CASM, MCM, NVSE, UIO, and NVAC stuff. Minus NVTF, Bash, FOMM because I'm using Vortex (Please correct me if i'm doing something right.).

Sprint Mod FNV, Project Nevada, Niner, Delilah, Weapons Millenia (Including the weapon animation packs), Intmacy overhaul with morbid curiousity, Roleplayers Alternative Start, and Ragdolls.

Edited by NoNamedotEXERunning