Robe Perks etc.

BlightRaptor

Let me preface by saying this came to me when pondering over the fact that, as far as enchanting goes, robes are less optimal than pants and shirts for magey types. Sack cloth and pants have twice the magic potential over an unenchanted set of robes. That's a bit daft.

So, I was wondering if this could be done with some scripting. A player (or actor) equips an outfit (that isn't Light or Heavy armor) that takes up the Chest and Leg slots (like most robes) and gains a passive effect geared towards casters (like Spell Absorption). Similarly, an outfit that takes up multiple equipment slots (like Mythic Dawn robes) could provide additional passives abilities.

Any help or input would be most appreciated.

I use Magicka-based enchantment limits to work around that particular limitation ... be aware it's pretty easy to turn your guy into a tank (restraint is the key word).

I see what you mean about restraint. Since I don't trust my future self, I'll give scripting a stab.

'Tis a hard, hard thing to ask of oneself, this restraint thing.

One would think that it would be easy enough to just put the "God Gear" into a respawning container and then try again with that "restraint setting" cranked up a notch or two. Sadly the more likely path is (at best) put the God Gear into a non-respawning container in one of your houses and try again with the restraint setting turned up a single notch (because it just doesn't seem to like half notch settings).

Those tracks you see through the widerness in front of you ... yup, I know how they got there.

Edited by Striker879