Questions regarding Journal Codex Entries

The first is a tutorial on how to create these types of entries on the network or do you know how to do them?

2) For example, if I want to add a new category to the diary, such as: Can recipes be made?

3) How would it be done so that the number of new entries does not interfere with those of the DLC or those of the game when importing it upon awakening or the other DLC?

4) Before they answer me as Flemeth "Questions Questions is the only thing you know how to do" I also wanted to see how they do when one clicks on an object the code's entry is triggered. I already have a slight idea but I want to confirm my hypotheses on how to do this one in particular.

Journal entries are created by plot resources. If you select "plot" in the toolset palette window, you will see a subdirectory called _Codex, which is where most of them live. When a plot flag is set, the text specified in the "Journal Text" section of the plot resource will be added to the journal.

Adding a new category would likely require a new/custom 2DA.

Special items that create codex entries when acquired generally have their ITEM_SEND_ACQUIRED_EVENT flag set to 1, which causes the engine to run a script that sets the plot flag that turns on the codex entry.

Much information is available in the toolset wiki.

• 1 month later...

I have another question how it is configured so that when you acquire a new codice entry it appears in the middle of the screen saying "New Codice X entry" as the normal game entries when you acquire them the first time. I already managed to learn by trial error how to add the entries but my new entries do not appear as well as those of the game normally in the middle of the swamp they only get a small message on the left side of the screen that says that the newspaper is updated ..