How to make Addictol very rare

AarlaunaRose

So, I'm new to modding. I've managed to teach myself how to do a few things, but the one thing that I can't find instructions on how to do is make Addictol very rare and expensive. I'm trying to make my game more difficult, and while I've managed to find a mod that makes stimpaks rare, I can't find one for Addictol at all. Basically, I want to have an actual reason to think twice about taking chems, instead of just skipping on over to the nearest vendor and buying a cure for about 300 caps. Plus, Cait's quest doesn't make much sense if it's readily available. Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Open Fallout4.esm with FO4Edit. Find record Addictol "Addictol" [ALCH:000459C5]. Rightclick on it and press "Copy as override into...". Create new plugin, it can be ESP with ESL flag. Edit the override for Addictol, find "ENIT - Effect Data". The Value represents the price for the chem, you can change it from 125 to 300. Next thing you need is LLI_Vendor_Meds_Basic [LVLI:0009C2B0]. This is a vendor leveled list. Copy this record as override into your new ESP. Find the Level List Entry for Addictol. There is an option called Chance None. This is kind of in reverse. If you set 75, this means there is 25% chance that Addictol will spawn in the vendor list. Exit FO4Edit and save the plugin. Now, there are Cells in the game, where Addictol is just placed somewhere. I am not sure how to edit that. There is also another leveled list LL_Chems_Institute [LVLI:001A6B0F], which is used by container InstituteMedkit01 "Medkit" [CONT:000E6957]. If you want you can do the same thing as the other LL - override it and change the chance to spawn. Editing the leveled lists probably won't have immediate result, its required that the vendor list in the game refreshes.

Edit: This override could be done in CK, it's just that I find it easier to search for and edit records in FO4Edit. In FO4Edit, when you select the record for Addictol, look at the right part of the window, to the bottom next to "View" there is "Referenced by". You will find all other records where the Addictol is referenced.

I forgot to mention, Addictol is in "Ingestible" category, leveled lists are in "Leveled Item" category.

Thank you for the help! I've been using FO4Edit so far instead of CK, so this method is definitely preferable. I'm not too worried about the Addictol that's lying around, since I tend to find those once in a blue moon, so this should be fine to help me balance things out.